Chapter 28

Beth's POV:

We were at a kind of... fancy meeting? Simon was there a lot of people from our label.

The girls and I just sat there. We actually were in the US. The reason for that being we have some interviews here. Our Salute tour is gonna have a North American leg. That was exciting definitely.

"Hey girls." Nathan, one of our bosses said as he sat down next to us looking uncharacteristically cheerful.

"Hey." We all answered.

"So you see those V.I.P man over there?" He pointed to some elegant looking people.

"Yeah?"Jade asked.

"One of yous, preferably Beth, should go flirt with them. You know that makes them more likely to play your song in the radio." He said.

His expression made it seem like a mere suggestion, but his tone told us, if you don't, there will be consequences.

"No? The fuck? Do I look Like I want to go flirt with man twice my age just so they can play us on the radio? We aren't desperate for that." I said.

I was appalled that they even had the nerve to suggest it. I knew Simon and other big bosses were behind this as well considering they were watching us closely.

"Beth, you'd better be careful how you talk to me. I'm still your boss." Nathan warned me.

"Alright excuse my language. With all due respect, I won't stoop that low and have no interest in flirting with some old man." I said.

"You had a choice." He sighed and left.

"Unbelievable." Jade said.

"These assholes." Jesy muttered.

"Fucking morons." Perrie said as well.

"Sexist idiots." Leigh was the last to finish off.

"What do you think they will do to punish us?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Probably promote us even less if that's possible." Jesy sassed.

The thing is, these last few weeks we've been starting to notice our labels lack of promotion and support. When we tried to make them do more they'd show us our contract, which had all kinds of loopholes.

Literally it seemed that every second sentence had a loophole. Whoever wrote these contracts is a genius. An evil genius.

So we were stuck with these morons until we finished five albums. Until then we can't really do much other than push our limits by saying no to what we don't want to do and fighting to keep our creative freedom.

What a fucking joke.

**********

"Are you serious?!" I exclaimed.

"Do I look Like I'm joking?" Nathan said.

"You can't seriously cancel our US part of the tour just because we refused to flirt with some people." Jade said in disbelief.

"Oh I can and I am. You had a choice, but you five apparently like making things hard on yourself." He said.

"This is absolute rubbish. You can't do this!" I said. Obviously I was furious.

"Actually... do I really have to show you the contract again?" He asked.

"Oh bloody hell." I muttered.

I shook my head and left the room. Arguing with that idiot wasn't gonna get me anywhere.

Not only did they cancel that part but they excused it with saying we need to work on our next album. The album that they don't like they mean?