Chapter 20

Beth's POV:

"Please Beth!" Perrie whined. I sighed. Why won't she leave me alone?

"My answer remains the same." I said turning the page of my book. She then ripped the book out of my hands.

"Hey! I was reading that. I was at a really interesting turning point!" I said crossing my arms.

"Beth, you are reading about fucking plants just to ignore me!" Perrie yelled.

"Yeah well at first yeah, but it's actually interesting. You should try it." I smiled and stood up.

She pulled me down and I knocked my head on the edge.

"I'm so sorry Beth! It was an accident." Perrie immediately checks my head.

"It's fine I didn't hit my head that hard." I said trying to calm her down.

"The blood on your head kinda gives away your lie." Jesy said walking in.

Huh. I was indeed bleeding. But it wasn't too bad. A minor headache is the worst that could happen.

"I'm so sorry." Perrie said again. I sighed and smiled, "It's fine. It was an accident. I'm not mad at you." I said.

She then smiled again, "Does that mean you'll come with?"

"So first you knock me down and then annoy me with that again?" I asked.

"Hey! Beth come on! Why are you so against coming with all of us? The boys all ask about you." She said.

"I have no intentions of socializing if there is no need for it. Plus what much will you do? Go get food and what then? Movies? Bowling? All that kind of same stuff?" I asked.

Perrie didn't say anything. Then she pulled me up and took me to our bathroom upstairs.

"So why did you take me here?" I asked. She sat me down on the toilet lid and wet a tissue.

"To clean up your head first of all, second of all, yes we go eat something but we always find something else to do. It's not about what we do, it's about who we do it with. Please. I want you there. We all do." She said dipping away the blood.

I sighed again. I really have zero interest in getting to know these boys. But it seems like I have no other choice. One day I won't be able to avoid it, so may as well just get it over with.

"Fine. But don't expect me to be talkative or entertaining." I warned.

She smiled and hugged me, "I wouldn't want you any other way. I just want the real you." She said.

I felt my face heat up. Stupid emotions.

Then she did a victory dance down the stairs, in the process she hit her elbow against the wall.

"Ow!" She whined.

"Well that's what happens. Why did you dance anyway?" Jesy asked.

That made Perrie completely forget her pain, "Beth agreed to come with!" She yelled excitedly.

"She really got you to agree?" Jade asked.

I nodded.

"Who are you and what have you done to Elizabeth Fields?" Leigh asked.

"Stop! You'll make her change her mind again." She complained.

The raised their hands in surrender.

I sat down next to Jesy and muttered, "I'm already regretting this."

Jesy chuckled and said, "Oh you'll have fun."