Chapter 16

Perrie's POV:

After we all reunited Beth cooked and as always it was delicious.

As we ate I looked at Beth and then I noticed that her cheek is a little bruised. But it's very faint. Did she cover something up with make-up?

I decided to ask her later on. Did someone hurt her?

Alone the thought of someone touching her in that way made me mad.

However after we ate and cleaned up we decided to play uno.

"Uno." Beth said. She's winning the whole time and I'm starting to believe she's cheating.

"You're definitely cheating!" Leigh exclaimed. 

Beth frowned and Jesy smirked at her, "Should I go easy on you?" Jesy asked her.

Beth shrugged and said, "You can do whatever you want. I'll still win."

Jesy started laughing, "Oh it's on Fields. Draw 4 and I want red." She said.

Beth smirked as well and said, "Well then, Uno Uno. Leigh you have to draw 8 and I want yellow." She put her 4+ card down and then stood up.

"Better luck next time." Beth said mocking Jesy who was jaw-dropped. 

"Oh she's good." Jade said. 

Something I noticed about us is we are all really really competitive. I'm the most competitive though. Although Beth is quite the competition as well.

However since now is my chance to talk to Beth alone I decided to forfeit. I've never done that in my lifetime.

"Aw Pez you wanna go have alone time with your girl?" Jesy teased me and I decided to ignore it.

I went into the kitchen where Beth is drinking water. She looked at me and smiled, "Who's losing?" She asked.

"I gave up. I wanted to talk to you." I said. She held eye contact and saw that it was something serious.

"What's up?" She asked giving me her whole attention.

"Why is your cheek bruised? Did you cover it up with make-up?" I asked.

She looked at me and tried to brush it off, "I hit my face when Sam and I were pushing each other around." 

I shrugged and said, "Well if it's nothing too serious then you can surely wash your face. It shouldn't be that bad if it was by accident." 

She sighed, "Just leave it. Please." She said.

"Beth someone hurt you. Who was it?" I asked sternly. 

"Honestly you're making a big deal out of this but nothing too bad happened." She said.

I just looked at her and put my weight on one foot and kept on prompting her to tell me with my eyes.

"My father." She finally muttered. I immediately left my stance and hugged her.

Sometimes I really think I'm too invasive. But I can't help it. I want to be there for her and I can't be if I don't know anything and she won't tell me by herself. She basically needs forcing to ask for help.

"I'm fine Perrie." She said softly.

Just then I noticed that I was crying. Why was I crying?

Probably because I couldn't handle the thought of her own father hurting her.

I shouldn't be the one crying right now. I should be the one to comfort her not the other way around.

I calmed down immediately though because I wanted to be there for her.

"What happened?" I asked. She shrugged.

"He hates me. He doesn't forgive me. I tried to talk to him after paying off our debt. He's..." She hesitated but then sighed and said, "he's constantly getting drunk. I told him I could help him get back on his feet now that I have a job. He didn't want it. After I asked him if he could forgive me he slapped me."

What kind of man is this? Beth is his fucking daughter. Yeah I get that he's hurting but so is she. Everyone he lost she lost as well. If she is able to fight off getting into drinking and not doing anything so can he. He is supposed to be there for her.

Beth was quiet after telling me. I can tell that it's taking a toll on her. I'm guessing it was the first time he hurt her.

I sighed and hugged her again, "I'm sorry for always pushing you to tell me." I said.

She shrugged and said, "Ah I'm getting used to it." Even without looking at her I could tell she's smirking.

"Aye lovebirds! We've already played like 5 rounds. Now Beth come here so I can beat your ass." Jesy yelled.

Beth then pulled away and smirked, "Oh she'll regret this."

*******

"Oh come on!" Jesy yelled.

Jade, Leigh and I were pretty bored since even if we won it'd be completely ignored by the other two. They were really focused on each other and letting the other lose.

Beth being Beth challenged Jesy even further and the loser would have to first drink something pretty disgusting and afterwards the winner could mess up their entire face like drawing things on it.

Right now it was really close. Jesy was like Beth beside the luck part pretty good in choosing how and when to use which card.

Both had two cards left. The other two and I stopped playing after it was too much.

Jesy then smirked and said, "Uno." Beth looked very uneasy.

"Draw 2." Beth said.

Jesy then started laughing like a maniac, "Ha! Draw 6 and uno uno." 

Beth then started bursting out laughing, "I'm a good actress aren't I? Draw 10 and uno uno."

Jesy was jaw-dropped and looked like she was gonna strangle Beth any minute now.

Beth was busy mocking her to notice that Jesy was really pissed off.

"I'll never play Uno with you ever again." She then muttered.

"Time for your special drink." Beth said excitedly. If looks could kill Beth would be under ground by now.

Beth mixed up some ketchup with water. Then she put in some Tabasco. She added coke and then a bit of milk.

How she got the Idea to mix all that up I have no clue.

When she approached Jesy with the drink Jade Leigh and I couldn't stop laughing.

"Enjoy." Beth said.

"I swear you're such an asshole." Jesy said and then downed the drink.

She started coughing afterwards and Beth handed her a cup of water.

"I hate you so much right now." Jesy said after her coughing fit.

Beth giggled and said, "Oh I don't blame you."

"I think I tortured you enough. The drawing on the face I'll keep in mind for when you deserve it." Beth smirked.

It definitely never gets boring here.

*******