Chapter 21

Perrie's POV:

Yesterday Beth and I had such a complete fallout. I don't know what I did. Why is she so mad at me?

I looked over at her bed and she wasn't in there. Of course she wouldn't be.

I need to fix whatever I did. She wouldn't do this without a reason.

She stepped inside the room and looked at me. She looked tired and upset still.

"Let's talk?" She asked me.

"S-sure." I stuttered surprised that she even talked to me.

I stood up and we went downstairs. No one was here.

We sat down on the couch.

"So... What happened yesterday?" I asked.

She sighed. And then looked me dead in the eye and said, "I'm gonna ask you something now and you have to tell me the complete truth. Did you tell Zayn about what happened in my past?"

I couldn't comprehend her question. I would never do that. I had trouble understanding how she ever thought I would do this.

"No! Of course not!" I said completely petrified by the idea of betraying Beth's trust.

Then she sighed and held her head in her hands, "He did mean it differently." She muttered.

"What? What are you talking about? Zayn was the reason for yesterday?" I asked her.

"Not completely. My issues may have lead to my overreaction." She said. I had a feeling she just wanted to take a bit of blame.

"What happened? What did he do? Did he say something to you?" I pretty much rushed all the question.

"In the moment what he did was completely insufferable to me. But after I finally calmed down I understood that I took that personally due to my past. What he said to make me completely snap was the reason I got mad at you." She said.

"Could you please stop speaking in riddles? Just say what he did." I said frustrated.

"For God's sake. There was a girl and quite obviously she had very old clothing and it was obvious that she doesn't have a lot of money. You know I wasn't the wealthiest. He made a comment to Niall about it who tried to tell him to stop acting like that. And again on impulse I told him that he shouldn't judge anyone about anything. Then he asked who taught me that and said my mother. That's why I thought he knew from you because he smirked as if he knew that this would throw me off." She said.

Wow. What an idiot.

I hugged her immediately and was so happy to feel her hugging me back.

"I'm really sorry Beth. I would never even dream of betraying your trust. I'm gonna talk to him about this." I said.

"Don't break up with him." She said.

I frowned. If he doesn't see anything bad about what he did then I will.

"Why?" I whispered.

"He makes you happy. Talk to him normally and calmly. Don't take my side. Just let him see what he did was wrong and afterwards find out what he meant about my mother. Then we can close that incident and forget it ever happened." She said.

My heart shattered. Sometimes I thought maybe she liked me in that way too. Even though I hate myself for thinking that way, I was glad she liked me even though I was with Zayn. But clearly she doesn't even think about me in that way.

But however my heart was content as well as shattered. Yeah she may not like me in that way but I made up with her.

*******