Chapter 42

Beth's POV:

We arrived to our flat and let me tell you this, these were two of the most awkward weeks in my life.

Especially considering I'm not used to people having a crush on me.

I honestly didn't quite get it. Jonnie just out of nowhere liked me? It was kinda weird. But it's over now.

"I'm so tired." Perrie whined.

"You slept the entire time!" I said laughing.

"I'm still tired though... but I'm also hungry." She said.

"What do you want to eat babes?" I asked.

"Let's order. I know you can cook better than probably all of the takeouts here, but still." She said.

"Nandos?" I guessed. She smiled and nodded.

I sat down next to her on the couch and kissed her before calling to order our usual.

After I ordered we just sat in silence and then I decided to break it.

"These two weeks have been quite the adventure." I said.

"You could say so. First you met my family, I came out to them, Jonnie and I fought over his stupid crush on you, but in the end you got to know South Shields and we spent a lot of time together." She summed up.

"Definitely a weird and adventurous week." I said.

The door bell rang and I stood up to get the food.

"Thank you ma'am." I said, smiling and closing the door after she left.

"Food!" Perrie said excitedly.

I smiled and once again wondered how I got so lucky to have this girl in my life.

"Here you go darling." I said handing her the food.

I sat down next to her with my own food in front of me and then we started eating.

"Have you written any new songs for the album?" She asked.

"No. Honestly though? I don't know how to write anymore. Our songs, most of them are bangers obviously, but when the label started to turn down all of our songs and we changed our writing style, I completely lost my own musical sense." I admitted.

It's been on my mind for a while. These fuckers completely changed my way of writing without me even noticing. The girls style of writing changed as well. Our fourth album, apart from Power, Shoutout to my Ex, Touch and a few others doesn't seem like us at all. It's not soulful, it's basic pop.

"I get that." Perrie whispered also realising it.

"It's insane how they are using us like this. And we can't even change anything at all. They try to tear us apart, make us the basic pop girl group, don't promote us and even do stuff like reveal your life story." She said shaking her head.

"Guess we should've read our contract better." I said as well.

We finished our food in silence afterwards. It wasn't uncomfortable silence, more like a, "this is really screwed up" silence.

Perrie leaned into and I put my arm around her. She put her arms around my waist.

"We wanted to write so many songs, we've written so many things about the LGBT community, female empowerment and self confidence, all of them got scrapped and weren't accepted. Our entire original third album? It would have destroyed the music industry, the misogyny, the judgement and the lack of actual art. All of them are in it for the money, not many care about their actual fans or the world problems." I said.