Chapter 10: Hydra Base

"Let's move," I whisper yell to the soldiers I'm with. The soldiers include Bucky, Dum Dum Dugan, Gabe Jones, Jim Morita, James Montgomery, Sam Sawyer, Pinky Pinkerton, and Junior Juniper. We are in the woods behind the Hydra base in Austria, about to move in.

My job was to try and find the information room or any information I can that can locate any more bases. Everyone else in my group is to take down as many people as they can. Whichever job is easier, someone else can choose.

Just as we predicted, there were no guards at entrance 23 at 11 at night when they are switching out. It's pitch dark out, giving us an advantage to sneak our way in. There are many other troops ready to come behind us once we make a scene inside. We're are basically the suicide group, of course.

We made our way towards the base, and Morita broke the code so we could enter. I held my gun up high, making sure the path was cleared so we could go in. I see a guard 20 yards away, so I shoot him before he could see us, hitting him straight through the head, his now corpse falling to the ground.

I motion everyone to go in their direction and to start creating chaos. I go towards where we believe is the files/information room, and Bucky follows, which wasn't the plan. I quickly pulled him to a corner where no one could shoot us without us seeing. "What are you doing?" I whisper to him, and anyone could hear the anger in my voice.

"You're crazy if you ever think I'm going to leave you wondering around this hellhole by yourself," he says, and then with his rifle shoots the hydra agent approaching us. I sigh, knowing I wasn't going to be able to convince him otherwise.

"Fine. Cover my six," I say. I didn't wait for an answer and made my way to the file room, my rifle held high. We eventually got to the information room, which was full of files, but it was locked. It is locked with the highest security padlock I have ever seen. "This might take a while."

"I've got time," Bucky says, giving me a reassuring nod. I bend down to get a better view, and start doing various methods that might work. Slowly, but surely, I ended up getting the padlock open, kicking open to finding hundreds of filing cabinets.

"I'll cover the door, you see if there is anything important," he says, and I nod. An alarm starts blaring, making our plan work so far, giving me a little hope. I start going through every cabinet, trying to find any useful file with good information on any other bases.

"Uh, y/n, we have some company," Bucky says, and I can hear the worry in his voice. I turn around to find him starting to shoot at 6 hydra guards. One of the guards shot their glowing gun at Bucky's weapon, making it evaporate. I move forwards, catching one of the guards off, taking my gun and shooting him in the ribs.

I throw Bucky my hand gun that was in my thigh holster, and move onto the next guards. Before he could shoot me, I grab the base of his gun, pointing it to one of the other guards, making him evaporate.

I take the gun out of his grip, throwing it to the other side of the room. I grab his wrist, propelling him into one of the filing cabinets making him knockout cold. I turn around seeing Bucky being knocked up by a syringe being injected into his neck. "No!" I yell.

I made my way towards the other two guards there, and I used the cabinet next to it to propel myself over his shoulder, linking my leg around his neck, pushing him towards the ground to knock him out. The other guard stabs me in the leg, and I yell out in pain.

He then puts a towel over my mouth, making me breathe in the toxicating gas. I hear someone saying my name weakly, which was the last thing my senses picked up before everything went black and quiet.

"She's going to bleed out."

"We have to patch it up somehow."

"Use this to slow down the bleeding."

"Anyone have some rum to slow down her blood flow?"

"That makes it worse."

"Dum Dum, you just want to rum for yourself."

"Partly, but we have to do something."

I heard the argument of the familiar soldiers I have been with for a while, and I was hoping we were in the truck on our way back to base. I slowly open my eyes, trying to get used to the light while all of my senses start to come back to me.

I adjust to the wall, or should I say pole, trying to get more comfortable which ultimately fails. My sight comes back to me and I find myself in a cell with Dum Dum, Montgomery and a bunch of other men surrounding me. Montgomery was wrapping a cloth around my leg, blood already seeping through it. "What happened?" I ask.

"Well, Zang's plan didn't work. We were outnumbered just by the weapons alone," Dum Dum said.

"They're is around 400 of us in the cells," one of the soldiers says.

Montgomery tightens the cloth around my shin, making me his in pain. "This should help prevent your death," he says, trying to lighten the mood, which fails.

"Somehow death will find a way to creep up on you," I say, making everyone chuckle lightly. I look around, trying to find Bucky, wanting to make sure he's okay. "Where's Sergeant Barnes?"

"They took him to a whole other part of the base," a soldier says, who has basically given up on everything. They have Bucky, and I couldn't stop it.