Chapter 17: Scott Jennings

It's been a couple days since the first base we have taken down. We are staking out 4 miles off the next base we plan to take down. We are waiting for Peggy's signal that our back up was coming, since this was a much larger base then our first one.

It was pitch dark out and the sun would be coming up in 5 hours. Montgomery just woke me up for the next hour so I'm on watch, along with Bucky. Everyone thinks we'll have the most chance staying up if we are partnered up, even if it's not on watch. I rub my eyes, trying to wake myself up. I woke up Bucky, who was laying down next to me, by shaking him slightly. "Wake up Buck. It's our shift," I say, getting up off the ground and out of the tent we made. When I exit, I hear him groan, knowing he doesn't want to get up.

I grab the one of the rifles that were laying against the log, checking that it was loaded and sit down. Bucky slowly makes his way towards me, grabbing the other rifle and sitting down next to me. "You don't look too chipper there, Buck," I say, earning a low chuckle from him.

"Surprised you're even awake, usually you sleep in till dawn," he says, running a hand through his messy hair.

"I usually don't sleep well on missions," I admit. "At least being on shift has me doing something." We sit there for a moment in comfortable silence, just staring out into the starry night, admiring its beauty. I take a look at Bucky, who was already looking at me. "What?" I ask, blushing lightly.

"I hope our kids look like you," he says. I blush even more at that comment.

"I hope that they look like you. But I would be happy if they at least got your eyes," I say, loving the blue eyes that he somehow inherited.

"Have you been thinking about names," Bucky asks, smiling just at the thought of it.

"You know I'm not pregnant right?" I say, and Bucky raises an eyebrow at me. "Bucky, the last time I checked I'm not pregnant."

"Okay, just making sure. And it's never too early to think about names," Bucky says, making me chuckle. "I was thinking of Cecelia for a girl."

"That's pretty. What about a boy?" I ask.

"James Jr.," he says and I laugh.

"I did not take you for a guy to name your kid junior," I say, and he holds his hand to his heart.

"James is a good name," he says, pretending to be offended.

"Oh really? Then why don't you go buy it?" I say. He opens his mouth to say something, but closes it once he realizes I was right. "Mmhm, that's what I thought."

"What do you want to name them then?" he asks me.

"I don't know, I haven't really thought of it," I say, trying to gather some names that I would want to call my potential kids. "Peggy and I have a joke that we will name our kids after each other so maybe Margaret, but I always loved the name Elizabeth."

"Oh, so you can name our kids after someone but not me?" he asks, faking that he's offended.

"I'm naming our kids after someone else, you James are naming them after yourself," I say, making us both laugh. From the distance I hear someone talking. I shush Bucky, trying to get a better hear of the voice. The voice is staticy and definitely british, which calmed my nerves. I get up and walk towards the truck where our gear was located and grab the communicator.

"This is Agent Peggy Carter, does anyone copy?" the familiar voice says.

I press down the button that lets me talk and say, "This is Agent Y/n L/n, I copy. Hey Marge," I say, early a light chuckle from her end.