Chapter 9: The Future

I feel a warm breath hit the back of my neck, sending chills down waking me up. At first my senses were alert, not knowing who was behind me. I hear a familiar groan and someone pulling me closer to their chest, which I instantly recognized as Bucky.

I turn around so that I'm face to face with Bucky, and I lightly caress his cheek, waking him up lightly. I see him smile and he starts to open his eyes. "Morning doll," he says, his morning voice showing massively.

"You're one big idiot Barnes," I say, getting out of bed, rushing to put on clothes.

"What did I do?" he asks, sitting up in my bed, revealing every inch of his abs.

"It's what you didn't do," I say. "You didn't leave last night. Now someone is going to see you walking out of my tent." I rush putting on my undergarments, knowing I need to give the files to the Colonel.

"I'll just say that I wanted to talk to you really quick," he says, and I scoff. I put on my pants, hopping up to quickly put them on.

"With the clothes that you were wearing last night?" I questioned, pointing towards his scattered clothes on the ground.

"Everything will be fine, it's not like they'll kick us out," he says, and I laugh.

"Who do you think they'll fire? The male Sergeant or the female agent?"

"Good point," he says, while I start to put on my shirt. "Can I at least get a 'good morning the love of my life' or at least a kiss."

"Good morning the love of my life," I say sarcastically, and walk over to my bed to give him a quick loving kiss. "You're still an idiot."

"I'm fine with that," he smirks, and I laugh.

"Alright, I need to get to the Colonels tent and give him these files and then start getting the trucks ready," I say, pulling on my boots. "I gotta go. Get dress and meet me out on the field Sergeant."

"Yes, ma'am," he says, giving me a little nod. I shake my head, hiding my smile, and made my way to Colonels tent. I gave the file to Colonel, started stalking up the trucks and getting ready to make our way to Austria. It was two hours before dark and we were meeting up with the Colonel while he gave out the final assignments.

"The drivers of the trucks will go in pairs, taking shifts every 5 hours of driving. Dugan and Schmidt, O'Reilly and McCord, Aston and Washington, Barnes and L/n..." he continues and I look at Bucky in confusion as he continues to look forward. We didn't choose who the drivers are, or at least I didn't.

That sneaky bastard. "Alright. Everyone has their assignments. Get to work." I walk towards Bucky who was smirking his ass off.

"You're good Barnes," I say, and he smiles even more. I walk towards the assigned truck we had and lean against it, waiting for all of the soldiers to pull in there. I see Gabe and Bucky talking for a second before the depart, Gabe getting in the back of the truck and Bucky walking towards me. "I'm taking the first shift."

I hop into the truck, getting in the driver's seat, starting it up. Bucky hops in next to me, obviously very proud of himself. "How did you hide that part of the file from me?" I ask, starting to drive.

"I thought it would be better if I paired up the drivers, it would give you less to do," he says, and I laugh focusing on the road. I see Bucky fidgeting in his seat, obviously wanting attention. "Can we talk, this is boring."

"What do you want to talk about?" I ask, smiling at his neediness.

"How about life after the war? We haven't really talked about it yet," he says, smiling bright just at the thought of it that made my heart melt.

"What? Like our wedding?" I ask, and he nods excitedly. "Alright, have you asked Steve to be your best man yet?"

"Of course I have. He's very excited about it," he says, making me chuckle. Steve would be excited for it. "What about you? Do you have someone in mind for your maid of honor?"

"I have a girl in mind. She's a co-worker," I say.

"What type of wedding do you want?" Bucky asks. I'm not going to lie, I have thought about this a lot.

"Something traditional. A sweet ceremony and a big reception. All of our family and friends there, and I get to show you off to them," I say, making him chuckle.

He grabs my hand and interlocks his hand with mine. "I promise you, once this is all over, we will have our wedding. Whatever it takes."

"Whatever it takes," I say. He brings my hand up to his lips, kissing it softly. "What about kids?"

"A lot. Like a farm of kids," he says. "Maybe 4 or 5."

"No," I say chuckling. "I don't even think we could handle that many kids."

"We'll manage. Plus we'll have Steve. He loves kids," he says.

"How about 2," I say. "I am going to be the person pushing them out of me."

"3," he says, looking at me with his gorgeous blue eyes.

"Alright 3. That will work," I say, making him smile.

"We should have 2 boys first, then the girl as the youngest. I'll teach the boys that if any guy looks at their sisters way, to knock them out," he says, huge smile on his face imagining it.

"You know you don't get to choose the order or gender right?" I ask, making us both laugh.

"A guy can dream." For a second, the war, my worries, everything slips away. For a second.