Chapter 29: Fugitives

Suddenly the guy in front of Steve and I turned to try and stab us with an electrical staff. We both moved out of the way, but we're grabbed by the many guys in the elevator.

Two guys were holding my arms and a guy was in front of me, pushing me against the wall of the elevator opposite of Steve. The guys holding my arms put some metal cuffs on my wrists, making them go against a metal railing since they were magnets.

They suddenly didn't care about me as they were paying attention to Steve fighting, waiting to go in if needed.

Idiots. Don't underestimate me, especially my powers.

I could feel my powers flowing through me to my hands as I started to freeze the cuffs. Once frozen enough, I take my right leg lifting up on the back of the guy in front of me and use that to propel my left leg to kick the cuff on my right wrist, making it break.

I then hit my left wrist, breaking the other as the guys turned to me. "Did you really think that would hold me?" I smirk and they start to come at me. A guy tries to punch me, but I put up a tiny ice wall in front of my hand for him to punch. He cries out in pain and since he was distracted, I pushed him in front of a couple guys, making them all fall down.

A guy wraps his arms around me and I freeze his wrist to give him severe frostbite. I kick back, hitting him in the nuts and he falls in pain. All the men were on the ground, except for Rumlow who had his whole attention on Steve.

"Whoa, big guy," Rumlow says, trying to stop Steve. Steve gave me a small look and I knew what to do. Before Rumlow could do anything I grab his wrists, making him drop the electrical staffs, and pull them behind his back. Steve then comes up and punches him in the face, grabbing him and throwing him up to the ceiling. Rumlow falls down and is knocked out like all the others.

Steve kicks his shield up and looks around to try and find a way out. I start the elevator again and the doors open to SHIELD agents, guns all pointing at us. "Drop the shield and put your hands in the air!" one of them says.

Steve uses his shield to cut the wires of the elevator, making us go down fast. I held onto the metal railing as the emergency brakes on the elevator started to kick in, making us stop.

The elevator stopped in between both levels, and when opening the doors, there were SHIELD agents running at us. Steve closes the doors and paces back, trying to figure out what to do now. "Steve, I don't know if there is a way out," I say, panting slightly.

"I found a way," he says, with a serious face.

"Give it up, there is no way to go!" SHIELD agents yell from the other side of the elevator doors. Steve goes to the far side of the elevator and starts to run at me, pushing us through the glass, hurtling to the ground. I try to use my powers to lessen the fall, but it hurts nevertheless.

I groaned on the ground as I saw Steve beside me laying on his SHIELD, recovering from the fall. "Next time warn me when you do that," I say as he gets up. He grabs my hand and helps me up. We then start running towards the garage.

I hop onto a bike, stealing its keys from the key rack and start to drive. Steve does the same thing with another bike and we start to speed to exit the building. We see the garage doors in front of us starting to close, so we speed up, barely making it on the road in time.

We were making it across the bridge and when a jet flew in front of us, lowering its gun, pointing it straight at us. "Stand down. I repeat, stand down!" a guy says through the radio.

When we didn't stop, they started to shoot at us. I used my powers to clog the gun that was firing at us, making it explode. Steve jumps off the motorcycle and onto the jet, disabling it.

The plane lands behind us as Steve jumps off the plane and lands in front of me, landing in a pose. "Get on the damn bike before they start shooting at us," I say as I pass him, knowing he can catch up. Steve does catch up, hopping on the back of my motorcycle.

I see spikes in front of us, as they are trying to give us a flat tire. I use my powers to make a ramp and we drive right over them. "So, where are we going?" I say. "We can't go back to the apartment, that's the first place they will look."

"We have to go back to the hospital," Steve says, making me confused. "I left the flash drive there."

"Why the hell would you do that?" I ask. That's the one thing Fury gave us and he left it there.

"I didn't want anyone else to get it. I thought it was the best thing to do," he said.

"Well, we can't go in like this," I say, pointing towards our SHIELD uniforms.

"I got an idea," he said. "Turn here." I followed his directions and we ended up in a small store. We quickly got in the store and there was an edgy teenager on her phone at the counter, who didn't even realize we were there. We quickly grabbed some regular clothing and quickly changed.

I changed into a zip up black hoodie, some jeans and sneakers. We were about to approach the counter when I realized something. "Steve, we can't use credit cards, SHIELD can track them. Do you have cash?" I ask.

"Nope," he says after tapping his pants to check.

"We are just gonna have to leave and not pay," I say, grabbing his hand but he doesn't budge.

"We can't just steal them," Steve says, his righteousness coming through and I roll my eyes.

"We have one of the biggest government intelligence agencies after us and you're worried about stealing clothes?" I ask, and he nods. "Stop being a baby and let's go. She won't even notice, she hasn't looked up from her phone at all."

I grab his hand, pulling him out of the store and back on the motorcycle and I drive us to the hospital. We stopped at a red light and I see people surrounded some of the TV that are showing the news.

"Steve Rogers and Y/n L/n, more known as Captain America and Frostbite, are fugitives of the law. They have information regarding the death of Director Nicholas Fury and refuses to tell us, making us believe they had something to do with it. If you see them, call the line on the TV and do not engage."

Steve and I share a look, both not believing of what has happened. I step on the gas, as the light is green, trying to figure out a way to stay hidden for longer.