Chapter 13: Mine

Bucky's POV

Waiting is terrible, and I swear I could feel Y/n in pain if that makes any sense. Steve and I are outside of the tent, waiting for when we get to see Y/n. "She'll be alright Buck," Steve says, patting me on the back.

"She better be," I say. "How did you even... do all of this?"

"It's a long story," he responds. "But I'm just glad both of you are alright." My eyes went to the nurse that took Y/n walking over to us, she was wiping some blood off her hands.

"Sergeant Barnes? Captain Rogers," she says, blushing when it came to Steve but I don't care at the moment. "Y/n is good. We stitched up her wound, and she was lucky it wasn't affected. You both can see her now."

I didn't wait to take advantage of that and rush inside of the tent, going straight to Y/n. I saw her laying on the medical bed, with her leg all wrapped up. She looks tired, but she's okay. "Hey doll," I say, getting her attention.

Y/n's POV

I turn my head to find Bucky standing at the doorway, smiling just like we were back at the Stark Expo. "Sergeant," I say, and he walks over to my side. He cups my cheek, pulling me in for a loving kiss.

I hear someone clear their throat, and we break our kiss, finding Steve awkwardly standing at the door entrance. "I would also like to see my cousin, if you don't mind," he says, obviously embarrassed that he walked in on us.

"Hi Steve," I say, and gives him a smile.

Bucky sighs and whispers under his breath, "Punk."

"Jerk," Steve responds, making me chuckle. "How are you feeling?"

"Better. Still hurts, but I'm good," I respond. "So, Captain America saves us all huh?" Steve blushes in embarrassment, looking down, being humble as always. "No one is going to challenge you in a back alley anymore."

"He finally gets to do what he loves. Fighting for what's right, and this time he won't come home with some cuts and bruises," Bucky smirks.

"I get to join my best friends in the fight of our lives. Looks like we can't be split up," Steve says, making us all smile.

"No one could split us up, even if we tried," Bucky says, and hold my hand.

"When are you getting cleared?" Steve asks.

"The nurse said I should be good in two weeks," I say, which made both of them almost fall out of there chairs.

"What?" they both say at the same time.

"That's it? Two weeks?" Steve asks.

"There's no way that I'm allowing you to go back into the front lines in two weeks," Bucky says, always trying to protect me.

"Well you may be my fiancé but that's the Colonel's choice, not yours," I say, and Bucky slides down in his seat, making me giggle at his frustration.

"You're mine," I hear him mumble under his breath. "I should have a choice."

"Y/n, I heard what happened to you, are you alright?" I hear the familiar English woman's voice. Peggy walks into the room, and stops when she sees Steve.

Steve immediately stands up, looking at Peggy in awe. I smile at them, already knowing that they like each other. "Hi," he says, as if he's out of breath.

"Hi," Peggy repeats, and clears her throat, ripping her eyes away from here. "Umm, I came here to check up on Y/n. Heard you had a good stab wound."

"Well, it wouldn't be my first time," I say, remembering that one mission Peggy and I went on. Bucky's eyes widened and went straight to me. "I'll tell you about that later."

"Well, I'm glad you are alright," Peggy says, giving me a smile. "I'll talk to you later, Colonel Phillips wants me to help him write letters to everyone we thought were dead families." Peggy walks away, and Bucky and I look at Steve, both smirking.

"What?" he says, acting all innocent.

"Don't act like you two didn't just stare into each others eyes for a good minute," I say, making Steve blush.

"No I wasn't," Steve bluffs.

"It's obvious. This whole place could feel the tension," Bucky says, and I nod in agreement. Steve doesn't even bother to debate us and tries to hide his smile. "How about we get you out of this place and back to your tent? I'll carry you."

"Alright," I say and sit up. I get up with my good leg, and Bucky bends down so I can wrap my arms around his neck so he can carry me on his back. We walk out of the medical tent, and I hear the other soldiers, mostly Dum Dum cheering and whistle, making my cheeks glow red.

I was tired, for sure, and being in Bucky's warm grasp isn't helping. I dug my face in the crook of his neck as I could smell his signature scent of old spice still lingering after everything that had happened the last couple of days.

We got to my tent I'm staying at this base, and Bucky grabbed me some clothes to change in. He helped me, then got ready for bed himself. I was laying in bed, on the brink of falling asleep when I felt the bed dip.

I turn to find Bucky giving me a smile, and I reach my hand up to play with his hair. "Are you okay? After everything," I ask.

"I'm just glad you are alright," he says, which makes me feel butterflies in my stomach. No matter what situation we could be in, he would always know how to make me feel warm inside.

"I love you Bucky," I say, and I could see his eyes light up slightly, like he was hearing that for the first time.

"I love you, Doll. So much," he says, kissing my lips with love. He kisses my forehead and then pulls me into his arms, holding me close where we fell asleep peacefully for the first time in a while.