Chapter 35: Get Him Back

Sam on the end, Natasha next to him, then Steve with me on the opposite end. All of our hands cuffed, mine a bit more scientific as they had built in heaters in them, but it's nothing I can't handle.

We were all silent, and I was certainly not in the mood to talk. My head was still wrapping around everything. I was trying to piece together everything from the moment Bucky fell off the train. I was making my own timeline of everything that I knew.

"It was him. He looked right at me like he didn't even know me," Steve says, obviously in despair. I was not ready to talk about this. I close my eyes, trying to use my powers against the heaters to try and freeze it enough to shatter.

"How's that even possible? It was like seventy years ago," Sam says.

"Zola. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43, Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him," Steve says, and I felt my blood boil. I wish I killed Zola myself when I had the chance.

"None of that's your fault, Steve," Nat says, obviously in pain. My ice has melted mostly, causing her to start to bleed out.

"Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky," Steve says.

"We need to get a doctor here. We don't put pressure on that wound, she's gonna bleed out here in the truck," Sam says, worried.

I can feel I was close to getting out as the heater stops working when Steve says, "You alright, y/n?"

I open my eyes, revealing what I assume were my icy blue eyes because everyone quirked an eyebrow when looking at me saying, "I'm a bit hot."

One of the guards brings out an electrical rod and slams it into my stomach, and I immediately feel the pain of electricity running through me. I groan in pain, stopping the use of my powers as another guard brings out an electrical rod, but instead of using it on one of us, they take down another guard.

The agent takes off the helmet and reveals it to be Maria Hill. "Ah, that thing was squeezing my brain," she says, and I smile through the pain. "Who's this guy?" she says, talking about Sam.

"Sam, but that can be a story for later," Sam says, smirking at Maria, obviously flirting.

"We need to figure out how to get out of here," Steve says, trying to break through the cuffs but fails. That's when the ice surrounding my cuffs gives me the chance to shatter them, releasing my wrist.

"I got that," I say, and start to get everyone out. Maria takes a special gun that is a laser, starting to make a hole at the bottom of the car floor. Once I got everyone out, we all carefully calculated our jumps out of the car and got into a different van.

Sam was helping Nat put pressure on the wound as Maria was driving and Steve and I were in the farthest seats in the back. My head was against the headrest, not saying a word, finding some comfort in the silence though my head was so noisy.

I took my dogtags in my hand, playing around with the ring, still not being able to believe what had happened to Bucky. "Are you going to be okay?" Steve asks, making me sigh. "Obviously you are in your processing period."

"You know, calling it my 'processing period' isn't helping me process," I say, making him crack a smile. "I just need to think things through."

"We will figure everything out, I promise," Steve says, giving me a small smile. I nod, trying to believe him, but I'm not sure we can. I don't know what Hydra did to him, but I will do everything in my power to get my Bucky back.

We got to wherever Maria was taking us, and we all got out of the van, trying to get Nat inside as soon as possible, since Maria said a doctor should be inside. A man runs over to us as we walk in and Maria says, "GSW. She lost at least a pint."