Chapter 15: The Bar

It was time to get ready to go to the bar so I began to get dressed. It will most likely be the last time we are going out for a while, so we have to make it a good one. I put on a blue dress, curl my hair and did my makeup. I grab my matching heels, putting them on and Steve enters my tent.

"Look at you. You look beautiful," he says, and I hug him.

"Thank you. You look good as well," I say. "Did everyone agree to come?"

"Yes. So as long as they just join the team, everything should be set for Thursday," Steve says. Thursday, which is in two days is when we plan to leave to take down the first Hydra base on the map. We have tomorrow to perfect our route to hit all of the bases as soon as possible.

"Good, let's get going then," I say. We got one of Howard's cars that he let me borrow and drove our way to a local bar. Bucky drove all of our hopefully soon recruits, so it was just Steve and I in the car.

"By the way, you are going to have to go over the route tomorrow afternoon on your own. Bucky and I have something to take care of tomorrow off base," he says, and he was smiling oddly.

"Is something going on?" I ask, since I notice Steve's odd behavior.

"Nothing that you should be concerned about," Steve says, with a little smirk on his face. Before I could say anything we arrived, and he rushed out of the car. They are up to something, and I don't know if it's going to be good or not. We head into the bar, and I see all of the recruits, including Bucky sitting down at a table.

The bar goes quiet as we walk in the room, some of them clapping for Steve, and a lot of them eyeing me like candy. I see Bucky, the only man I care about in this room, turn around in his seat to look at me. His eyes linger on my body, and look back at my eyes with a smile on his face.

Steve and I approached the table and all the men are eager as they all receive their first round of drinks. "Well hello to you, y/n," Gabe says with a smile on his face.

"That's Agent to you," I say, making all the guys laugh. Bucky stands up and wraps an arm around my waist, making sure everyone see who I'm with.

"And she's mine, might I add," he says, making some of the soldiers hold their hands up in defeat. "You got this Steve?"

"Yea, go on," Steve says, patting his shoulder. Steve sits down at the table and Bucky takes my hand, leading me to the back. Bucky sits down on a stool and orders our drinks and the waiter goes to make it. I sit down at the stool next to him, but apparently it was too far from him, so he slides it closer to him.

"You look absolutely gorgeous tonight," he says, and the waiter slides us our drinks.

"As do you," I say, looking at his uniform. "Dashing as always." I pick my hand up to run my hand through his messy hair, seeing as it's not done. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, why do you ask?" he says.

"I don't know. The past couple weeks, you just seemed off. Just want to make sure everything is alright," I say.

"As long as I'm with you, everything is perfect," he says, and I smile at his cheesy words and take a sip of my drink. Out of the corner of my eye I see Steve walking towards us, as does Bucky. "See? I told you. They're all idiots."

"How about you? You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?" Steve asks, as he sits down next to Bucky.

"Hell no. That little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him," Bucky says.

"But you're keeping the outfit, right?" I say, looking at the clown outfit on one of the posters.

"You know what? It's kind of growing in me," Steve says, and I chuckle lightly. I hear the soldiers singing come to a stop as everyone goes quiet. We look to find Peggy in a gorgeous red dress walking our way.

She walks up to us, and all three of us stand up. "Captain," she says, trying her best to hide her smile.

"Agent Carter," he replies.

Peggy looks at me and smiles, then towards Bucky, recognizing his presence. "Ma'am," he says.

"Howard has some equipment for you to try. Tomorrow morning?" Peggy says, keeping her eyes on Steve and he keeps her eyes on him.

"Sounds good," he says, awkwardly. Man I need to teach him how to talk to women better.

"I see you top squad is prepping for duty," she says.

"You don't like music?" Bucky asks, trying to see if anything will break, whatever they are doing.

"I do, actually. I might even, when this is all over, go dancing," she says. Her dancing? No way.

"Then what are you waiting for?" I ask.

"The right partner," she says, and it for some reason made Steve smirk. "0800, Captain." She says and before she walks away she turns to Bucky and I, who she hasn't met yet.

"You know, I'm not going to lie, I always thought you were dating Thompson still," she says, and my eyes widened that she thought of that.

"Oh no. Definitely not," I say, not even wanting to imagine if I was dating Jack, who is an agent at our office.

"Who's Thompson?" Bucky asks, his whole body reading jealousy.

"No one, just a guy I worked with," I say, sitting down in my stool.

"Didn't you go on a date with a guy named Jack Thompson?" Steve asks. I turn my head to him, wishing that he would shut up.

"It was one date," I say, and Bucky crosses his arms in frustration.

"How come I didn't know about this," he says, and I laugh at his protectiveness.

"It was not a good date," I say, and stand up from my stool. "Plus, I had eyes for another man already." I kiss his cheek, hoping he will drop it.

"Did you think he was handsome?" he asks, and I can't tell if he's joking or not.

"Oh yea, she was practically drooling all over him when he picked her up," Steve says, knowing that it will annoy both Bucky and I.

"Steve! You are not helping me," I say, making him smirk.

"Oh yea, him and his blond hair had her all over him," Steve jokes, and practically runs away before I could shut him up forcefully.

"He is lucky he is my cousin or he would be dead," I say, making Bucky chuckle lightly. I wrap my arms around Bucky's waist and say, "I hope you know how much I love you."

"Just like how much you love Jack," he says, and I sigh into his chest making him laugh. "I'm kidding. I love you."

"Whatever," I say, retracting my hands away from him.

"Oh, come on doll, I was kidding," he says, grabbing my hands. He pulls me close to him and kisses my cheek. He mumbles against it and says, "I love you."

"You better," I say to annoy him.

"Say it back," he says, looking me straight in the eyes.

"Say what back? I didn't know I needed to say something back," I say sarcastically, acting like I didn't know what to do.

"Say it back doll," he says, and starts to attack my face and neck with kisses while poking my sides. I giggle at his way of trying to make me give in, and honestly it's working. "You know you want to say it," he whispers against my neck.

"No...no I don't," I say in between laughs. He continues to tickle my side, kissing my face to force me to tell him, and I give in. "Fine, fine. I love you," I say, out of breath as he relieves me.

"I win," he says with a smirk, and takes a sip of his drink.