Chapter Five

Thaddeus walked into a red and black room that was used a place to turn down and relax. A bar was situated in the center with multiple lounging couches placed around the room.

Miguel was sitting on one of the chairs, flipping through a book, his white hair falling over his face. He looked up at Thaddeus and nodded gently.

Thaddeus returned the gesture and made his way to the bar. Darius was leaning over the counter taking a swig of straight Ambrosia.

Darius too held the red glare as their father did, and he too had the black hair. His body was not as large and muscular as that of Thaddeus's or Miguel, which should have him insecure, but woman loved how he looked. And with how charming his voice was, he could sweep any girl into his arms. He was also the youngest of the brothers.

"Darius." Thaddeus greeted as he waved a hand. The magic of the Underground listening to his command as a bottle of Ambrosia flew off the shelves and began pouring itself into a glass. No servants were needed in the Underground, there was enough magic in the walls to maintain the palace.

Darius turned to him, still leaning his one elbow on the counter. "Thaddeus, what is this I hear about you sending our darling sister up to Dalustra."

Thaddeus reached for his drink and took a large swig, trying not to worry about what Zarina was currently up to.

"Do you not recall what happened last time?"

Thaddeus shuddered at the thought of how those Fae men begged to please Zarina in every way while she would laugh. Those poor men had no idea what had hit them.

"How can I forget?" He replied giving Darius a look from the side.

"Thaddeus."

Thaddeus turned towards the deep, commanding voice.

The Emperor stood up tall as he starred at his three heirs. His eyes falling at last on Thaddeus.

"Come." He ordered as he turned around on his heels and made his way out of the lounge.

Thaddeus knew better than to keep their father waiting.

He took a final swig of his glass, and walked off while the ambrosia burned its way down his throat.

Miguel looked up as Thaddeus walked off. "Daddy's favorite has been summoned." He snickered under his breath.

Thaddeus ignored the taunt and followed his father through the Unground tunnels into a candle lit room.

The dark room was lined with black stained wooden walls. Large portraits trailed across the wood. In each painting sat the previous Emperor's of the Underground.

Thaddeus knew why he was brought here. The Emperor would drag him down to this gallery to give him the speech of what it meant to be the Emperor.

Thaddeus was the oldest, and the strongest, he was the heir to the throne. He had not only been born into the role as heir, but he had worked done to his bone to earn it.

"The clock is ticking." The Emperor began as he starred up at a picture of his own father, the black hair and red eyes still distinct in the portrait.

"Which Clock in specific?" Thaddeus asked with an amused voice as he turned to trace his eyes over all the red eyes in the portraits. Traits of the demons.

"It's time you take a mate." The Emperors words stern and commanding.

Thaddeus knew better than to argue with his father, but taking a mate was not something Thaddeus was exactly keen to do.

"I need to know you will produce fine heirs before I give you the crown." The Emperor continued, taking Thaddeus's silence as acceptance of his fate.

It made sense. Producing strong heirs, male heirs, was necessary if he wanted to be the Emperor of the Underground, and he wanted nothing else more.

"How do you want me to procure this mate farther?" He asked in the most respectful tone he could manage.

"Join the Royal Bonding Ceremony with your sister," The Emperor ordered as he turned to look down at Thaddeus. Thaddeus was a large man but the Emperor still towered over him.

"Choose a mate wisely and bring her down here."

Thaddeus tried to not wince at the idea. It was for the King's benefit, and Thaddeus going up there could lead to stepping on toes.

"Is it not unwise to steal one of the King's possible mates?" Thaddeus asked looking up at his father.

The Emperor glared down at him, his magic whipping through the air as the light in the room dimmed.

"If a little Elf King can out do my son, then maybe you shouldn't be Emperor."

Thaddeus closed his eyes and took in a deep breath. "Yes, you are right Father."

The Emperor nodded down at his son in agreement.

"I except your mate to be pregnant by the time the ceremony Is finished." The Emperor ordered as he made his way out of the room. "Do not disappoint me.

The Emperor vanished down the hallway leaving Thaddeus to allow the command to sink in.

"Shit."

****

Zarina was exhausted by the time the Greetings had come to an end, she didn't stay for the food nor desert.

An Elven Ambassador had tried to stop her, and had began drilling her with questions as to why the Emperor had sent a half-breed.

She had contemplated several ways she could rip his cock off and make him eat it, but eventually, she pulled on her best smile and politely excused herself.

She made her way straight to her private chambers and collapsed into a deep sleep that finally began to soothe the side effects from the Ice.

When she woke the night sky still beamed down through the large gothic decorated doors that led out to her balcony.

She pulled herself out of the bed and strode towards the door. The room was simply decorated with golds and whites, and was large enough to sit her bed, a dressing table, while several light fabrics couches lined the walls.

She pulled back at the doors and allowed the cold winter air to caress her skin.

Before her, Dalustra stretched out. The boring, damp Dalustra.

The growling sound rippled through her stomach causing her attention to drift to her body.

She was not longer overwhelmed with fatigue, but she was still fighting off the hunger.

She walked towards the dresser and threw on a black robe that reached her knees.

Through the doors she stepped and down the halls as she quietly made her way towards the kitchens.

This was not her first time being in the Dalustrian palace, she had been in here many times centuries ago, before the Incident with her enticed Fae toys.

She smiled remembering how the incident had put her brothers into a panic. She had oddly enjoyed their terrified expressions as they frantically rushed about to hide what she had done.

Darius had contemplated just killing them, but Thaddeus, oh responsible Thaddeus had returned her slaves before anyone even missed them.

She walked into the kitchen looking out the crisscrossed caged window that exposed the brilliant night sky with light snow falling down.

The castle was still, and from the position of the moon she knew it was too early in the morning for anyone to be gracing the halls.

She began digging through the pantries looking for something that wasn't cake and frosting, she wanted something salty. She crouched down to look through the lower cabinets, nearly climbing into them in the process.

"Sorry." The voice caused Zarina to hit her head on the top of the counter.