Chapter Nineteen

Thaddeus stood by Zarina's side as she took down a creature, cutting him into cubes as she went.

"How many limbs does that count as?" She asked pointing with one of her blades at the small pieces of flesh.

"Still only four." He replied as he narrowed his eyes at her.

She shrugged and kicked away a finger that was still crawling towards them.

Two creatures began circling them. Zarina slashed first hitting its stomach as decaying intestines fell to the ground. The smell was revolting and caused his eyes to sting, but the creature continued to walk around them. Stalking them like prey.

"Gross," Zarina said stepping back and wincing as the smell became overpowering.

A scream of pain forced Thaddeus's mind elsewhere though.

He watched as Nessa pulled a creature off her shoulder and blood began dripping down her torso.

Fear and panic became consuming as he watched the warrior grasp her shoulder. She began stumbling back towards the forest to try to get the bleeding to stop, but two creatures followed after her.

"Go," Zarina ordered with a stern voice. "I got these." Her eyes were glued to them, every time one tried to push forward, she cut off a piece of them.

Thaddeus let out a grunt and rushed after Nessa.

He followed her into the forest to find her already gripping at one by its jaw, keeping it away from her throat, while the other lunged towards her back.

Thaddeus crashed his sword over that one's neck, breaking its jump and splitting it in two.

Nessa kicked the one she was holding off her and it went flying into the trees.

She was amazingly strong, and even with an injured shoulder, she was managing to push them back.

Thaddeus finished off the one he had chopped up, ensuring no pieces could crawl or bite.

She rushed at the one that was now getting up from the tree and slashed him into pieces with her golden sword, leaving nothing but a few disgusting fingers.

The air turned still as the threat that was hovering over them passed.

She turned around to face Thaddeus, her breaths heavy and rapid. Her pale eyes met his.

She was standing up straight, her wound on her shoulder had already begun clotting and closing.

Time around them seemed to freeze as they stood there.

The blood was pumping in his ears and all he could do was stare at her. She traced over him and he saw a flash of something over her face, something he wanted just as bad.

"Oh, fuck it." He said as he rushed towards her. He dropped his sword to the ground and he saw her lips curve up.

He crushed her against the tree, pressing his mouth over hers and she hungrily accepted it. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer against her chest. His skin burned to feel more of her.

She moaned out with eagerness as she wasted no time in untying his pants. He began kissing her neck, ignoring the blood that he may have picked up in the process.

His hands moved to her pants, untying them and ripping them off. Oh, how he wanted to taste her, savor her, but this was rushed, this was hunger, this was the remains of the fight they had just survived.

She wrapped her hand around his hard length causing him to growl out into her skin.

He picked her up by her thighs and secured her legs tightly around his hips. He could feel his tip tease her slit, as he crashed his lips over hers again. He rocked his body against her, enjoying how she wiggled and moaned against his touch.

She arched his back to him, wanting, needing him in her.

He smiled before he thrust into her with all his force. This woman could take it, he did not need to play nice. She moaned out as he continued to pound her against the tree, moving faster and harder. The Tree ached and cracked against their weight.

He looked down at her and met her beautiful pale eyes as her face morphed into pure pleasure. She was stunning, and around him, she felt amazing.

he felt her clench around his length and he groaned out as she began to climax. It was too much for him. He gripped onto the tree for support and thrust a few more times before releasing.

He held her like that for several seconds, leaning his head on her forehead. They both were taking in heavy breaths, coming down from the intense, pleasurable high. A part of him did not want to ever let her go.

She looked up at him as her fingers began gently caressing the back of his neck.

He eventually put her down gently. Her hands gripped onto his arms for support. He smiled at the idea that he might have made the Legendary Nessa week in her knees.

He leaned his arm on the tree, caging her in, and stared down at her. She looked breathtaking as she continued to take In shallow breaths.

He gave her a gentle kiss, a soothing contrast to what they had just done. Her lips burnt against his.

He released one final satisfied breath before swiftly pulling up his leather pants.

She gave him a wicked smile as she quickly began tying up her trousers.

"Thaddeus." Darius's voice caused Thaddeus to quickly turn around.

Darius looked between them and noticed how they were both still buckling their slacks. His lips curved up to reveal a mischievous smile. He looked rather proud of Thaddeus.

Thaddeus gave him a warning look, if Darius made one comment, he would lose his tongue.

His smile faded and he met Thaddeus's eyes. "It is Zarina."

"I haven't seen Zarina the entire battle, is she here?" Nessa asked in confusion as she finished tying her pants.

Nessa wouldn't remember that Zarina had enchanted them not to look at her, and she wouldn't have questioned why she wasn't looking in a certain spot, it would just be reflex.

Thaddeus could see the fear and worry that was deepening Darius's eyes. "What happened?"