Chapter Forty-One

Callon stood in his bed chambers feeling his heart pound in his chest.

He didn't know what to do with himself. He felt nervous, far more nervous than he had ever felt before.

He looked around at the room he decided to leave it as is. He didn't want Zarina to think he was forcing her to do anything, so he didn't try to create a sensual atmosphere.

Maybe he should of, maybe she would think he didn't put in enough effort with her. That he did not want to be with her.

Does he sit? Does he stand? How does he greet her into his room? He didn't want to make her feel ambushed but also wanted to make her feel important. He wanted her to feel at home.

He looked around his lightly colored room, not touches of black or darkness. He would need to redecorate.

Fates, the way she made him feel like a fool.

He could sense her aura walking towards him and he began to feel as if his heart was about to climb out of his chest.

He clenched his fists trying to remain calm.

There was a soft knock on the door, and he managed to open his mouth. "Enter."

Did he just say enter?

the Guards opened up to allow Zarina to step through.

His heartfelt as if it just stopped solid.

She wore a long black silk coat that covered whatever nightgown she had underneath, but from the trail that flowed around her feet, he could see it was black lace.

Her hair was pinned up exposing her beautiful cheeks, and emerald green eyes. He loved it when her hair was up so he could see her face. He always loved how she looked.

Her lips were painted black to match her dress, and she looked as deadly as she looked beautiful.

"My King." She whispered with a shaky breath as she curtseyed.

She sounded as nervous as he felt.

He stepped forward but stopped remembering that he did not want to overwhelm her. She was already so nervous; he could sense it.

"Please just call me Callon." He asked with a smile.

She looked up at him and smiled back.

She began walking through the room looking around admiring his furnishing.

"You have a nice room." She said making small talk.

"Our room soon." He said nervously. "You can redecorate however you like though.

She stopped and turned to him narrowing her eyes. "Are we to share a room? Don't Queens use a different Bed chamber?"

He looked at her unsure how to respond, yes, they did, when the King didn't want them. He wanted Zarina.

"If you want to be in a separate Bed chamber, you can." He said stiffening his body slightly.

"You are nervous?" She asked as she stepped towards him.

"So are you." He said with a smile glad, she was approaching him.

"I'm fucken terrified." She said with a slight chuckle. He grinned at her vulgar language.

She stood inches away from him, and he wanted to touch her. Caress her face.

He lifted his hand and brushed a strand of hair out of her eyes. "You look beautiful."