Chapter Twenty-Eight

"Hey." She began moaning out as she kicked her legs.

He wrapped one arm around them and kept them placed firmly against his chest as he moved her through the palace, ensuring no one saw him.

She had stopped fighting eventually and luckily didn't enchant him to let her go.

He reached her room and strode in, quietly closing the door behind him.

He walked over to the bed and threw her onto it, ensuring she landed on her back.

"What now my Lord, going to have your way with me?" She asked seductively as she smiled up at him.

He shook his head and ignored her, slowly turning to make his way out of the room. She was insane if she thought he wanted to do anything with her while she was just drunk.

"Do I disgust you?" Her words were pained and insecure and it caused him to stop.

He turned to face her again, she was propping herself up to face him. Her eyebrows were creased and he saw the lack of confidence that line her eyes.

"I'm not answering this while you are like this Zarina." He tried to sound as assertive as possible while maintaining a gentle tone.

Her skin began to glow again and he found himself starring at her in awe, she looked like a goddess when she used her powers.

"Tell me what you are thinking." Her words caused his lips to move.

"I think you are beautiful, the most beautiful creature I have ever seen before in my life." The words were forced out of him and he didn't know if it frightened him or enthralled him.

She narrowed her eyes at him, her skin still glowing and her eyes still radiating. "You are aware I cannot touch your mind?" She asked the words while tilting her head.

Her skin stopped glowing and she dropped to the bed again, her black hair spreading out around her.

His body relaxed and he walked towards the bed of his own will, "What do you mean?"

"It's why you remember, why you are aware." She said as she stared at her dancing fingers, which twirled above her face.

"Watch." She suddenly snapped her head at him and her eyes began glowing again.

His body was taking so many hits with her enchantments that he wasn't sure he'd be able to control his body's urges much longer.

"Hate me." She ordered out the words, and his eyebrows furrowed.

"No." He snapped gaining more control of his body and stepping back.

She lay back down. "See."

He stared down at her as her eyes dimmed. The confusion began sweeping through his body as he realized he could never hate her. He was sure her enticements were getting into his mind though.

Unless you just like her enchantress side.

A little voice in the back of his head began. Maybe he just found her beautiful, and even more beautiful when she glowed.

"Everyone else glazes over with no thoughts." She continued, "You seem to never stop thinking."

He stepped forward, getting closer to her, wanting more answers. "Why?"

She shook her head and bit her lip. "I don't know."

She crawled backward trying to reach her pillows, stumbling along as she did.