Chapter Eighteen

Thaddeus arrived in the Village north of a town called Ballive. The town was close to the kingdom's main import and export docks.

He came to a stop with Zarina close next to him.

She looked worried, she never looked worried before a fight. She loved a good fight.

She climbed off her horse and began petting his neck. Trying to soothe it even though it was not in distress.

"Rather depressing town," Darius stated as he stopped his horse.

Iston and Nessa followed close behind, eventually, everyone had dismounted from their horses. Iston's eyes met Thaddeus's and then moved over to Zarina.

What had The King and Zarina faced up there that they thought this amount of back up was needed. Even the Chamberlain was here.

Where was the king?

Zarina looked up in the sky, causing Thaddeus to follow suit.

In the sky, he saw the King circling above them on a griffin. A powerful beast if not the most powerful type of transport.

He continued to fly a couple more circles before coming in and landing sternly in front of Zarina.

"It's the same group." He said looking down at her, completely ignoring the rest of them.

Oh, dear Fates, she had completely enchanted him.

Thaddeus felt sympathy for Nessa, she was the most promising Maiden here, and she was about to be thrown out because of his sister's tricks.

Thaddeus looked up to meet Nessa's eyes. She seemed concerned about what was to come and continued to bend down and feel the grass. She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath.

"Something dark is coming." She breathed out in a hushed tone that traveled to everyone's ears. How did she know?

"We don't know how to kill them," Zarina said looking up at the King with worry.

He nodded and began contemplating their options as he looked around.

"Cut the heads off," Darius said with a shrug.

"She tried that." The King answered as he sat on top of the Griffin.

The horses began getting agitated, but Zarina was already calming hers down. This had happened the last time.

The king's griffin began protesting too. He hushed the beast with soothing tones before climbing off of it.

"Go." He whispered before the bird took to the skies.

"We cut them to pieces, they might not die, but they won't be able to run." He said sternly. Zarina nodded along.

He then stopped and stared at her intensely, as if considering something else. If he was going to declare his love for her here and now Thaddeus would probably end up having a mental breakdown.

"Order them not to look at you." The King's words caused Darius and Thaddeus to tense.

Their eyes widened as they looked at each other. Why was the King asking her to do that?

Zarina shook her head but nodded in shame. She slowly turned to face everyone as she folded her fists closed. She looked down at the ground with closed eyes, before slowly opening them up to reveal her enchanting glow.

Darius and Thaddeus were immune to her powers, probably due to sharing blood, but Thaddeus watched as everyone's eyes fell on her. Their eyes glazing over.