Chapter Twenty-One

Thaddeus had watched his brothers dive deeper and deeper into the pit of being wasted as he slowly sipped on his ambrosia.

He had been waiting patiently for Nessa to finish her Intimate.

"I took down twenty," Darius shouted into the air.

"I thought it was ten," Miguel said with an arched eyebrow.

"More like two." Thaddeus laughed. "I think our sister killed more than you."

Darius took another shot. "Yes, but she was taken down, so she no longer counts."

Thaddeus had almost felt his entire soul drop out of his body when he saw their little sister surrounded by blood and her insides.

He was so thankful when Miguel showed up so fast to help her. As much as Miguel pretended to be a hard ass, they all cared for their sister more than life itself.

They had been trying to protect her since she took her first steps.

"A creature she cannot enchant." Miguel blankly said as he took another sip of his drink. "Shit."

"But they are dead!" Darius cheered as he took another shot. He was going to be throwing up soon.

"Not it," Thaddeus whispered, just loud enough for Miguel to hear.

"Bitch." He barked under his breath, as Thaddeus gave Miguel the task of watching over their drunk younger brother.

Thaddeus caught sight of Nessa as she walked into the room. Her shoulder was wrapped up and would heal. She was now all dressed up in her gown, with her hair let loose. From Warrior to Goddess.

Thaddeus swiftly left his brothers and walked towards her.

She met his eyes and smiled but, instead of walking to her table, she made her way towards one of the passageways that were crowded in darkness. It was always away from prying eyes.

He followed after her and soon it was just the two of them in the dark. She stopped with her back to him, the air becoming thick with desire.

He walked close behind her and leaned down as he began kissing her neck. She stretched it out to give him better access as her hand reached up over her shoulder to lace her fingers in his hair.

His hands began caressing her bare arms. She smelt amazing, like the ocean breeze and lilacs.

She let out a little moan as his lips nipped at her earlobe.

Would he be so lucky to take her twice in one day?

"I cannot be yours." She whispered coldly, before turning to face him. She stared up at him and her eyes seemed heavy with concern.

"I cannot be yours." He repeated softly as he brushed her cheeks with his knuckles.

She arched her eyebrow revealing a quizzical expression.

"You are too strong, for my gene pool, The Emperor would not allow it." He whispered as he began trailing over her lips with his thumb.

"I need a strong ruler from the Dalustra to sustain my people." She said with pained eyes.

He smiled down at her, and leaned his head down, gently brushing her lips with his. "Then it is settled, we cannot be each other's."

He pressed his lips over hers and she wrapped her hands into his hair bringing him closer to her.

They may not be allowed to Bond, but they sure as hell could enjoy each other's company.