Untitled Part 44

Callon sat on his throne sitting back and enjoying the sound of celebrations as music played. The room was filled with guests that had come far and wide to witness his declaration of his Queen.

The room had been decorated with ribbons, and flowers, with his banner hanging above his throne. He looked up knowing that once he declared Zarina, her banner would unfold.

By the specks of black roses amongst the light white and pastel flowers, you could already tell who the future Queen was.

He looked over to her table. She was standing talking to Darius, laughing. She wore a black gown with a silver corset that wrapped around her waist. Her hair was up and her lips were painted dark, while her eyes were smoked.

But the Moon Blade was his favorite part of her dress. It wrapped around her hips and looked natural on her. No one could see the moonstone blade that lay inside its scabbard, but its shimmering silver color looked bright against her black dress.

Fates, she was beautiful.

Starring at her hurt, her aura was overwhelming and he couldn't stop taking her in.

He had to use all of his strength to look elsewhere.

The music began to die down as the guests all began taking seats at tables. Zarina placed herself down next to Thaddeus and leaned in to whisper in his ear.

A horn blew, the same horn that blew at the beginning of this event, marking that the event was coming to a close.

He stood up from his throne and walked forward to speak to the room.

"Thank you all for attending, and thank you to those who partook in the events." He nodding towards the Maidens.

"Fifteen Kings have underdone this Event, and fifteen Kings successfully found their queens through them."

"I am proud to call myself the sixteenth."

He turned towards Zarina's table and saw her devilish seductive eyes staring at him.

"Zarina, my dear, would you please do me this honor and Bond with me?"

The room was quiet as it should be, the only person who was allowed to talk was Zarina.

She stood up looking Queenlier than ever. "It would be an Honor, my King." She said bowing her head. Her response made him smile, he half worried she would change her mind and refuse him.

He walked over to her table and reached out his arm for her to come and take it. She walked away from the table and gracefully slipped her arm into his.

He led her to the Queen's Throne, Her Throne, before gently releasing her to sit down. Once she sat, he took a low bow of respect towards his Queen.

On Que, her banner dropped revealing the Underground's Sigil.

The crowd all at once began to stand and applaud their new Queen.

Zarina looked shocked to see so many people accepting the declaration. Callon went to sit next to her on his throne.

He wrapped his hand around hers and brought it to his lips, gently placing a kiss on the back of her hand.

She smiled at him, before looking back at the crowd. She looked on in disbelief as the crowd began cheering.

"Forever may she reign."

"Forever may she reign," Callon whispered as he stared at her.

***

Zarina sat on the throne feeling like her heart was going to climb out of her chest and run circles around her. She couldn't believe how everyone had been cheering for her, just moments ago.