Chapter Fifteen

Zarina climbed out of the bath, feeling like she had been hit with a ton of rocks. In a way, she had been, but she had been the one hitting them.

The servants rushed into the room and began getting her ready. Zarina had been late, and now the ones getting her ready were swiftly trying to make her look presentable.

"What is this?" The one asked as they picked up her arm where the bite mark was. She winced as the servant gently pressed a wet cloth to the wound. She didn't know how to explain this.

She looked up at the servants and felt her eyes glow. They all stared at her with dazed-over eyes. "You did not see anything suspicious on my body." She ordered with a calm voice.

Her eyes faded back to normal and the servants blinked for several seconds. They then continued with getting her ready, not asking a single question about the bite mark or the slash on her cheek.

She stared at herself in the mirror. She had just come face to face with creatures that had no souls, didn't die, and tore her horse to pieces. But she was more concerned about the fact that she had enchanted the King, and worse he seemed fully aware that he was being enchanted too. If he knew what she did to him, then she was in a lot of trouble.

She felt her body tremble and she wanted to collapse into her arms. She had completely fucked up.

She told him not to look at her when they were fighting. But She had used it before the fight even began, she had forced him to release her wrist.

Thaddeus strode in with a smile on his face for a change. Clearly, he had had a better day than she did.

"Sister, you still not dressed?" He asked turning to see her still getting her make-up done.

His eyes narrowed at her cheek, and soon he began searching for more wounds.

He pushed one of the servants off and knelt in front of Zarina. His red eyes swiftly examined her before he fell on her arm. He lifted it and she winced out in pain.

"What the fuck is this Zarina?" He asked examining the bite mark that lay on the inside of her arm.

She didn't want to lie to him, "A bite mark." She said with a taunting voice.

He looked up at her annoyed. "Zarina."

She pursed her lips and looked at the servants who were preparing her dress on the bed.

Her eyes began glowing and Thaddeus looked like his vein in his forehead was going to pop. She wasn't supposed to enchant anyone.

"You can leave now." The servants mindlessly left the room, not arguing that they had to prepare her.

She got up from the chair and walked over to the black dress tracing her fingers over the fine material.

"Zarina," Thaddeus said through gritted teeth, he sounded ready to blow his head off. He had looked so happy, and now she had completely ruined his mood.

She looked over at him. "The undead, I found them." She dropped her head down preparing for Thaddeus to fight with her.

"You did what?" He snarled out; the room was getting darker as his anger rose. The light was swiftly being sucked out as the darkness spread out.

"Thaddeus." She said with a stern voice, not wanting him to accidentally black out the entire palace.

He began rubbing his forehead and the darkness reseeded.

"You have a death wish." He muttered out through the beginning of what looked like a migraine.

She shrugged. "You and the King share that opinion." She huffed out with a slight smile.