Chapter Forty-Six

Thaddeus continued slashing through creatures as he let out a slight sigh of relief realizing that they had stopped falling from the walls.

He had lost count of how many there had been. Maybe Hundreds.

He saw Darius step out of a shadow as he sliced a creature in half with the swift force of a silver blade before disappearing into the shadows again.

The sight of him was quiet, but not a force to reckon with. Thaddeus was surprised to see his brother use his power. Darius's eyes were glazed over an oily black as he continued to step in and out of shadows, dropping creatures as he went.

Darius was able to travel through shadows. A power he barely used, and had not yet perfectly mastered.

The fact that he was doing it now, was proof of how overpowering these creatures were.

Nessa's body was covered in cuts and bite marks, but continued fighting, slashing off their heads as she went.

Thaddeus began to feel as if they were getting control of the creatures. Less and less of them were rushing at them, and it began to look like the soldiers far outweighed the Undead.

He felt something wrong in the darkness around him. Something cold, something not alive but not dead. Something different to the creatures scrambling around them.

He turned trying to find where the feeling was coming from. His eyes glazed over with the similar black to his brothers as he used his abilities to search through the darkness around them.

He looked upon the wall to see a dark figure hidden by the night, but its red glowing eyes were dominant just like the Undead creatures around them.

But this thing wasn't deranged nor was it chomping at the air. The eyes seemed to be logically tracing the ground beneath it, searching for something. Intelligent.

Thaddeus's eyes widened. Stalking its Enchantress.

The creature's eyes snapped at him and they stared at each other for several seconds. Their threat wasn't the creatures scrambling around them, it was this.

Its head tilted to the side slowly as if examining Thaddeus. Its hand began to lift as it pointed straight at him. Its mouth opened and it let out a high pitch screech that traveled over the entire courtyard. The sound pierced through Thaddeus's eardrums with excruciating pain. He had to bring his hands up to cover them. The dirt beneath his feet felt as if it were vibrating from the pure force of the sound.

At once, five creatures tackled Thaddeus to the ground as they began clawing and biting at his body.

He tried to fight them off as he felt sharp pain shoot through his stomach as one pierced his claws into him. He watched in horror as it pulled out his stomach and began devouring him. He felt his legs get ripped into, his arms were torn at, but soon he didn't feel anything.

His world was quickly closing in on him. The Darkness was getting thicker.

His darkness?

No. Not his.

Deaths.

He felt his arms go numb as blood continued to pour out of him. The creatures all digging into his body with hunger. He couldn't move.

He starred up to where the shadow figure had been, seeing that it was now gone. His body began giving up on him and he could no longer fight.

He heard Nessa's voice scream out an agonizing cry.

Oh, his Nessa, his beautiful Legendary Nessa.

***