Chapter Forty-Three

Zarina's eyes fluttered open as she looked around and smiled. She was still in Callon's bed, and could still feel his arm wrapped over her body.

She curled up into him feeling his grip around her tighten.

"Morning." He whispered as he leaned over to kiss her shoulder.

She smiled and slowly turned onto her back to look up at him. His pale eyes were soft and kind, and she could not believe how natural It felt to wake up to him. Usually, she would be enchanting the man to leave before he had barely finished.

"Morning." She replied.

He leaned down and gently kissed her lips. Pulling away and brushing her cheeks with the back of his hand.

"Fates, you are beautiful." He sighed out as he admired her eyes.

"You will get sick of it eventually." She said with a taunting tone.

"I highly doubt it." He expressed as he began to climb out of the bed.

She looked outside and could see it was still early. "Where are you going?" Her voice sounded irritated. She did not want him out of the bed.

He walked over to a dresser, his body still fully exposed and naked. She admired his back, his legs. Taking in every inch of him.

"I have something to give you." He said as he reached into the dresser and pulled out a large rectangular wooden box.

He brought it over to her and she began to sit up, pressing her back against the bed frame.

He climbed onto the bed and placed the wooden box over her legs.

She traced her fingers over the delicate details that had been carved into the wood. Beautiful vines and flowers bloomed into stars.

"What is it?" She asked with curiosity.

"Open it." He said shifting himself to sit next to her.

She slowly unhooked the box's hinges and opened up the top. Her lips parted as she stared in awe at the dazzling object within.

Inside lay a sword about as long as her arm.

The handle was designed out of a beautiful shimmering silver that twirled around the grip. Inside the pommel, a beautiful crescent moon had been carved out.

The blade was the part that pulled all of Zarina's attention though. It shimmered a pearlescent pink and blue, and she couldn't figure out what it was made of, but it was breathtaking.

"What is it?" She asked tracing her finger over the cool, smooth texture of the blade.

"Moonstone." He answered kissing her shoulder gently.

Her lips curved up as he answered her. It was magnificent.

"It was my mother's." She turned to look up at him with surprise at his words.

He smiled and looked down at the blade. "And the Queen before her, and the Queen before that."

She did not know how to respond.

"And now it is yours." He said tracing his fingers over her arm.

She sat feeling completely speechless which was new for her. She did the only thing she thought she could. She leaned in and kissed his lips as he wrapped his fingers in her hair bringing her deeper into his lips.

When she pulled away, she gently brushed his lips with hers. "Thank you."

He smiled and pulled away, looking at her skin as she realized it was glowing again. It was like she wore her emotions on her sleeve with him.