Chapter Thirty-Five

Thaddeus's body ached all over. He was covered in decaying flesh, and blood from some of his wounds. But they had won with no one else getting hurt.

He strode towards Zarina's room to find out what had happened to his sister, he hadn't seen her, but he knew Miguel left to go aid her. If Miguel was called it must have been bad.

"Thaddeus." Nessa's voice a sweet remedy to his hurting body.

She strode towards him and cupped his face as she began examining his wounds with her pale eyes. "What happened?"

He grabbed her hands gently and brought it to his mouth, kissing her lightly on the palm. "I'm fine Nes." He said with a gentle smile. "The creatures attacked the Farmer Square."

She slowly brought her hand down as she stared at him in concern. "More?"

He nodded slowly, he wanted to kiss her, to wrap her in his arms and just hold her.

"Thaddeus," She said stepping closer to him and looking around to see if anyone could see. He sucked the light out of the area, causing the passageway to turn into darkness.

She looked up at him, her pale eyes meeting hers. "There is a prophecy, and I fear it is coming to be." She said with a scared voice.

She knew about the prophecy as well. "How do you know about it?" He asked with narrowed eyes.

She looked taken back that he seemed to know about the prophecy took. "The plants told me." She said slowly.

He thought over her words. "What else did they tell you?"

She pursed her lips. "They want an enchantress to join them."

His eyes widened as he thought about her words. Zarina, they wanted Zarina to become one of them, but why?

"Why?" He said gently holding onto her arms.

"They don't know," She said looking up at him with longing.

He needed to go and check on his sister. He needed to go now.

"I know it is Zarina." She said with a stern tone. "The plants told me what she can do."

"She is not evil." He said immediately wanting to defend his sister.

She smiled up at him. "They told me that too, and that she cannot entice the King."

His lips parted. Nessa knew a lot, and she had the power to find out anything if she so wished.

"Why, cannot she entice him Nes?" His hands ran down her arms and wrapped around her hand.

"It seems the king's blood is not as pure as he is to believe." She said looking over at one of the plants, her eyes glazing over with white as she continued to listen to it. "There is another species in his blood."

Thaddeus's eyes widened.

She looked back at Thaddeus as her eyes turned back to their pale coloring.

"Does he know?" Thaddeus asked as he traced her hands with his thumbs.

"No." She said sternly.

"I need you to stay indoors," Thaddeus said with love in his voice. He leaned towards her and kissed her forehead. "Do not be a hero."

She huffed out with a smile. "That is kind of what I am good at."

"For me Nes." He cupped her face again and stared down at her. "You are to live a long life."

Pain filled her eyes. "I still have to try and make the King mine."

He nodded slowly. "I know." He pulled her into him and hugged her. "I know."