42. Hospital Bed

The knock on the door startled me out of my trance.

"Oh baby, how did you go?" Mom and dad come bounding into the room.

Mom's been crying and dad...well he looks confused and beyond concerned.

"Waiting on the results. Where is Frank?" I mumble, glancing at the officer on the other side of the room.

"Frank is back home." Mom says.

"Well, I think I've done my job here. Good luck kid." The officer begins heading towards the door, "Mr. and Mrs. Way." He nods them goodbye before leaving us three alone.

Once the door is shut, mom breaks down.

"I-I'm so sorry I didn't stop h-him!"

Tears fill my eyes as I stare at her.

"It's fine." I say quietly.

I completely regret telling them the truth. How embarrassing!

"No, it's not. You were crying out for help and we completely ignored it. I'm sorry." She wipes her tears.

I look to dad, who is standing next to her, showing an uncomfortable face.

"Dad?"

He looks at me for a second before looking away.

"You cant even look at me. Why? Am I just a sinner in your eyes now? A faggot?"

Dad finally looks back at me and to my surprise, he has tears streaming down his face.

"You're strong. Don't let anyone make you think otherwise." He says, clearing his throat and wiping his tears.

I smile softly, shocked at dad. How could he accept the fact that his son has done sinful things with guys?

"What's going to happen with Father John?" I ask, my skin crawling at the disgusting name.

Dad's face turns angry as he hears the name of that sick fuck.

"I'm going to beat the fuck out of him." Dad growls.

Mom and I share a shocked glance before staring at dad. He never swears...he is a pastor for fucks sake!

"Uh, no you won't." Mom smirks a little.

Just as dad opens his mouth to reply, there is a knock on the door.

In walks the doctor with a concerned face.

"Mr. Way, we have your results."