Prologue

Why has trouble started taking a liking in following me around? Do I have a "kick me" sign on my back or something? Am I an easy target? Is that why?

I knew my life would become complicated as soon as I found out my oh-so-loving parent's decided to foster him.

He was evil. Dark and sadistic. But I suppose he needed a place to stay and what better family to go to than the town's priest and his family?

I was dead against it for quite some time. I had even dropped a curse word in front of my dad.

"No way in hell are we fostering some random guy!"

After I said that, boy did my ass have a meeting with a wooden spoon. Dad smacked the ever-living shit out of me for that.

"Don't be so sinful!"

"But what if he is defiant and fights with us? With me?" I replied.

Dad knew I was being dramatic, but I had a valid point, right?

What if he was some rebel with a bad name? He could have come here, beat us all unconscious and take our money.

"Gerard, what have I told you? Fight fire with love."

That was one sentence I strongly disagreed with. Who fights fire with love? What has that proven to do? Look at me now! Great advice dad.

No, I have now learnt to do the exact opposite. Fuck fighting fire with love.

I fight fire with fire.

I hope you all like this story! It's going to be fun to write! Let's hope I actually finish it...

-xoSammy