chapter 17

Shock registers in Irene's eyes because of what she heard....

'Meaning the woman in front of her now is the richest woman in the world, the so -called mystery in the field of business but facing her at these very moment' 

Irene could not help herself but be nervous about what was happening.

"Drop the formalities! I just want to know about Miss Bae's condition? " 

she asked directly to the doctors .

"Miss Bae here is in good condition after we run a thorough examination and the baby in her womb is safe already. And my advice to you is to take extra care because I'm sure Miss Bae already knows the risks of her pregnancy due to previous tests done here. Avoid stress and above all things avoid of not having enough sleep and making yourself starve specially now that there are small creature inside you, because this situation may happen again and it may get worse next time. "  Doctor's answer 

Irene and Lisa did not say a word and the two just listened intently to each word that the doctor wanted to say.

"And to ensure the health of the mother and the child, Dr. lee is here a nutritionist who will help you for three months because we know that those months are the ones we take the most care of especially at miss Bae's pregnancy because the first trimester is the most crucial part during your pregnancy . And before I forget, it is better for Miss Bruschweiler that you stay by Miss Bae's side so that she can be supported especially now and she will start to conceive and we will be extra careful and avoid any actions that could harm her" the doctor continued.

When Irene heard the last word that the doctor said, she felt a little embarrassed and she knew that her cheeks were now red and even her palms were slowly getting wet due to the sweat caused by her excessive embarrassment and accompaniment. 

and to make things worst her heartbeat are becoming abnormal due to its excessive beating speed.

Irene would have liked to clarify what the doctor  because it had misunderstood Lisa's presence, let's admit if Irene was just assuming and she was the only one who gave malice to what the doctor said or because the doctor saw that the only person beside her since she was admitted here was Lisa so everyone misunderstood of being Lisa her Partner.

Just as she was about to speak, Lisa suddenly interrupted what she wanted to say.

"It's good then"

 then she glanced at Irene whose face are bright red obviously showing that she also felt embarrass.

"Then I want Miss Bae to have her own doctor and private nurse! If nothing else you can leave! And thank you, I'll just call you if we need anything else " Lisa said to the doctors 

"No problem miss Bruschweiler" then they left the room leaving the two with a cold silent that surrounds the room.

Irene doesn't know what to do, but her heart only feels one thing that at these very moment she felt a strange joy in the woman's behavior and what worries her so much is that in fact that the woman who took care of her all night was not just an ordinary woman that everybody could think off, in front her is a woman that everybody respected so she could not help but feel intimidated and anxious and it scares her because never in her lifetime that she felt something like this. 

she can't even call it properly by her name because its presence carries power and a powerful aura.

From what Lisa heard from the doctor, only one was running through her mind right now and that was Irene's safety.

she knew  she had no compelling reason and most of all she had no right to take care of the woman but she didn't know what drove her to think of such things.

Soon, Lisa's secretary, Miss park, came with the food and a pair of clothes  for the two of them.

"Just wait for my call and go to the office first" Lisa told the secretary then she said goodbye to leave.

Lisa felt the heaviness of the surroundings because Irene didn't even speak and she just played with her fingers while lowering her head, Lisa never thought that the so called cold hearted businesswomen could be this shy and cute at the same time . 

That is why she broke the deafening silence.

"By the way, Miss Bae I will formally introduce myself" Lisa began.

 And then Irene raised her head. "Panpriya Bruschweiler Manoban but you can also call me Lisa or whatever you want" Lisa added.

Only now has Irene heard its complete name other than its business name. 

"Ahhmm.... Irene....Irene Bae Joohyun " Irene didn't know why she was stuttering because this was the first time she had stuttered in person. 

"So! What is your next step now? " Lisa asked Irene as she prepared their food.

It was only then that Irene remembered the reality she was involved in at these moment.

"I want it all to end" was Irene's only response

"sounds like a plan but eat first to fill your stomach, and after that I will accompany you wherever you go so that we can ensure your safety" Lisa replied then handed the soup that was still hot.

Irene is very grateful at these times for Lisa not leaving her even though she teased her about their first accidental meeting in the park.

But she was determined to end everything between her and Jisoo and in her mind it was hard for her to do this things but when Lisa told her that she will accompanied her she felt happy for herself for not being alone and she felt determination in the step she would take.

 In Lisa's mind, her admiration and concern for Irene deepened because of the courage she showed and the determination to take a step even if it caused deadly pain. 

But there is only one thing she thinks and should be done in these very moment and in the days to come and that is that she will do everything 'she can to protect Irene and the child in any way. so that one can ever hurt them again '