Death doors || Nanami Kento x GN Reader

"That would be nice"

Request by qiqislove

⚠️  SPOILER FOR MANGA CHAPTER 120 

Being a sorcerer is hard. Kento knew what he signed up from the very beginning. He told himself multiple times to not get too attached to his peers, but in the end he still do it.

There were only three people in his class; Him, Yu, and (y/n). If he could describe his peers in one word that would be cheerful. Every morning Kento coming to class, Yu and (y/n) would smile brightly and greet him. Every weekend Kento was also forced by the two of them to go to a restaurant or just hang out generally. Every single day, Kento cherish this comforting feelings between his friends.

Until, Haibara Yu killed in a mission. There was a misinformation about the mission. Yu was the most cheerful out of the three. Now there are only 2 second years, Kento and (y/n).

(y/n) still smiles bright to everyone, but Kento knew they were hurting on the inside. Kento and (y/n) helped comfort each other after Yu death, and slowly falling in love with each other.

"Kento... What do you want to do before you died?" (y/n) turn facing Kento, who was trying to sleep. His hand sneak to (y/n) waist, pulling them closer to him. (y/n) (e/c) coloured meets with his dark brown eyes.

"...Maybe go to Malaysia? I'm not sure."

"We should go to Kuantan then." (y/n) gently stroke Kento cheek.

"That would be nice." Kento answered. Both slowly drifting to sleep.

Kento didn't expect the unexpected. His eyes dilated seeing (y/n) being cut in half by a disgusting curse. The curse laugh like a madman after killing (y/n). He tightened his grip of his sword and swiftly killing the curse off.

The thing he dreaded from he was a high schooler resurface. Losing a best friend to losing someone you dearly love, hurts him. However, Yu and (y/n) would have wanted him to move on. He slowly build a better self and move on with his life.

31st October 2018. The Shibuya incident happen. In a few hours everything change. Many curse users and curses working together fighting the opposing sides. Many lives losses because of it.

Step by step, Kento makes his way out to somewhere. A group of curses ganging up on him. He thinks to himself, building a house in Kuantan, readings books he never get to chance on reading, and seeing (y/n) smiling brightly towards him.

Tired... so tired.

Yeah I'm just tired.

I've done enough, haven't I?

Mahito stopped in front of his tracks. Time seems to stop for him.

Haibara... (y/n)...

What the hell was I trying to do anyways?

I ran. Even though I ran away, I came back with the vague reason of finding the work worthwhile.

Kento sees Haibara in his death doors pointing towards Itadori.

No, Haibara. That's not right I can't say that to him.

It'll end up becoming a curse for him.

Kento looked to Itadori. "Itadori...you've got it from here."

His opens his eyes to see himself standing on a beach.

"Are you okay, Kento?" (y/n) called him out.

He snaps out of his thoughts. He looked up/down to his lover. (y/n) warm smiled at him. They wrap their hands around Kento hands.

"I'm good (y/n)." Smiling back. 

If you want to request please check the request page first. Thank you.