i promise

Today, all of the seventh years have to meet the Head of Houses to talk about our plans for next year and go over our uni applications. We're going in alphabetical order so sadly, I have to go after Alex. My only problem with going after someone is that if Alex pisses Snape off, I'm going to have to deal with Snape's horrible mood for the next half hour.

There was lined formed outside of Snape's office. Crabbe standing right behind me and Goyle behind him. Stass cut out of line to stand next to me so I didn't have to deal with Crabbe and Goyle on my own. We stood, leaning our shoulders against the wall, facing each other.

"I hope Alex doesn't take long. I just want to go in and then out", I said to Stass.

"You know, Alex. He knows what he wants and has a whole journal that has a timeline of his life planned out. He'll be out in like five minutes"

"Louis looked over my application last night and sent it back with a ton of corrections", I said showing her my folded up Ilvermorny application. "He said I haven't done enough extra curricular activities"

"Hmm", Stass said grabbing the corner of the piece of paper. "You're prefect"

"Yeah, but he said it's not good enough. My role as a prefect barely shows leadership skills"

"Maybe join a club", she suggested.

"No way in hell. Hermione is in like all of them"

"Then make one"

"Hogwarts has over a hundred clubs. How am I supposed to make one that doesn't already exist?"

"You're up", Alex said walking out of Snape's office.

Shit. Stass wasn't wrong when she said it was only going to take him five minutes.

I removed my shoulder from the wall and entered Snape's cold and gloomy office. He had jars of plants, insects, animal parts, and potions lining the walls. There were books on the mantle of the fireplace in his office and wax from his lit candle dripped down the stone.

Snape was sitting down in his desk with a large journal and his quill in hand. He also had files of every seventh year in Slytherin right next to him. I pulled out the chair across from and placed my application in front of him before I sat down.

"What is all this?", Snape asked pointing out the red markings on my application.

"Oh, my boyfriend made corrections to my application last night"

"Tell Mr. Malfoy that he needs to use a color other than red next time"

"Um... Draco's not my boyfriend... anymore", I said looking away from Snape.

If I could Avada Kedavra myself right now, I would.

"Well", he said clearing his throat. "Whoever your boyfriend is, he's right about the extra curricular activities. Since you don't play quidditch or are in any clubs at school, you need more. Being prefect isn't enough"

"What should I do, Professor?"

"I could let you be my assistant for class. You will stay behind after your lessons to clean up and help hand things out. I will even write you a glowing recommendation letter"

"That would be great. Thank you, Professor Snape"

"Other than that, your grades are exceptional. Keep them up and Ilvermorny will accept you"

"Thank you, sir"

"Now get out of my office", he glared. "I have thirty-four other students to go through"