off and on

While we sat down at the dining table for breakfast, an owl flew into the Great Hall and dropped a letter off in my lap. I grabbed the envelope and saw my name written in Louis's handwriting. Immediately, I shoved the letter inside of my school bag, barely acknowledging the existence of it. Theo looked at me from across the table and raised his brow, pretty much asking, "what was that about?". I looked back down at my bowl of oatmeal and continued to eat it until the bell rang for the first lesson of the day.

    I got up from my seat, giving Stass a kiss on the cheek before walking out of the Great Hall and downstairs for Potions with Professor Slughorn. As I walked to the staircase, I heard heavy and quick footsteps approaching me. I looked over my shoulder and saw Theo catching up to me on my way to our class.

    "Hey", Theo said trying to catch his breath.

    "Hi..."

    "What was that about? I know you got an owl from Louis"

    "It's the third one this week. I haven't responded to any of them..."

    "Why not?"

    "'Why not?', I don't know. Maybe it's the fact that he told me that he loved me while we were in missionary", I scoffed.

    "I did not need to hear that..."

    "Sorry", I sighed. "It's just stressing me out that he keeps on reaching out. I don't know what to say to him"

    "You can't just keep on ignoring him, Stell. Ignoring him is just going to make things worse. He's probably upset that you didn't say 'I love you' back and with you dodging his owls, he's going to feel even shittier"

    "Thanks, Theo", I said sarcastically. "Remind me to never have you as a shoulder to cry on"

    "Oh, come on. You do this all the time. You run away and act like nothing's happening when you don't want to deal with your problems"

    Stass says the same thing...

    "I do not", I said defensively.

    "Okay, Miss Denial", he teased. "I spilt pumpkin juice on your Chanel jumper and stained it when we were ten. You acted like everything was okay but three days later, you broke down in tears because you couldn't wear it anymore"

    "Are you saying I'm going to have a temper tantrum in a few days because I'm not responding to Louis?"

    "No... I'm saying, you're going to be overwhelmed by your feelings for Draco and Louis, and I don't want to see you curled up in the corner of your room"

    "I'm fine, Theo. I promise"

    "Just write Louis back. At least give him a good excuse as to why you're not responding to him"

    "Fine", I groaned.

    "Look at you, caving into me", he chuckled.

    "Shut up", I said punching Theo's arm.

    "Ow! Blimey, Stell. I'm not a fucking punching bag", he said clutching his arm.

    I rolled my eyes and entered the Potions classroom with Theo trailing behind me, still wincing in pain. Sitting at our usual table was Draco and Blaise who were rolling up pieces of parchment and throwing them at each other. Once Draco locked his eyes on me, his smile dropped and he cleared his throat, scooting his chair away from my seat. Wow, it's like that now?

    I set my bag down on the table and sat down in my seat in between Draco and Theo. The boys all threw looks at each other, probably using telepathy to talk about Draco walking out on our conversation about Louis a few days ago. Since then, I haven't talked to Draco and he's been going out of his way to avoid me. He's in almost all of my classes and he still manages to look through me like I'm invisible. When I'm in the common room, he just walks in the opposite direction. The only time Draco and I are in the same space as each other and are forced to look at each other is when we're having our meals in the Great Hall. I get that he's a little hurt about me pointing out the fact that dumped me for not telling him that I love him in front of the group, but I didn't think he'd drag it out this long.