the letter

"I can't wait to see the look Gryffindor's faces when we beat their ass today", Blaise said eating his breakfast.

    "With the new plays Draco came up with, we're definitely winning today", Theo said taking a sip from his goblet.

    "Adrian told me he's coming today with a recruiter from Ilvermorny", said Stass. "You boys better be on you A game"

    "Don't worry, we will", Blaise winked. "With our futures on the line, there's no way we're fucking losing"

    "Hey", Stass whispered to me. "Adrian also told me that Louis is coming with him. Are you going to be okay with seeing him?"

    "Yeah", I sighed. "It's been weeks since I broke up with him. Maybe he's over the fact that I broke up with him over owl"

    "Let's just hope he is. Imagine how awkward it's going to be when you run into him today and he's mad at you"

    "Well, I wrote- Theo wrote that the long distance was too much for me because I barley know him. I think it's going to be fine"

    "Hey", Alex said Stass and I. "We're gonna go down to the Pitch. See you guys later"

    "Good luck", I said as the boys got up form their seats.

    I don't know what's worse, possibly running into Louis or the fact that Louis hasn't spoken to me in over a month since that letter was sent out. If he had just written back saying that he understands or that he wished things worked out, I wouldn't feel as nervous as I do now. Not knowing where he stands with me is the worst feeling ever. What if he hates me and wants nothing to do with me? I wouldn't know because he didn't bother to pick his quill up to write back. Of course breaking up with someone over owl is fucked up, but he could've at least said something, anything.

    After we finished our breakfast, Stass and I walked out of the Hogwarts castle and down to the Quidditch Stadium for the match against Gryffindor. We wore our dark green Slytherin sweatshirts and I paired mine with black flared jeans and black Converse. I wore dark green winged liner with some clear lip gloss.

    When we got to the entrance to the stadium, I saw Adrian standing next to Louis with a tall man who wore an Ilvermorny tracksuit. The man had a notebook and a quill in his hands and binoculars around his neck.

    My hands began to get sweaty and the back of my neck got hot as we approached closer and closer to Adrian and Louis. I could feel my heart beating faster and faster, like it was about to pop out of my chest. The feeling of angst completely took over my body. Even my legs started to buck whenever I took a step foward.

    "Adrian!", Stass shouted, running into Adrian's arms. He picked her up from the ground and spun her around. "I've missed you, baby"

    "Me too", he said kissing her lips. "It's been too long"

    "Stella, mon amour", Louis said embracing me. "I've missed you"

    What the fuck. Is this how French people greet their exes?

    "Hi... I've missed you to...", I said slowly wrapping my arms around his waist.

    "How is school? I know you said you've been too busy to send me an owl but I wish you would've sent at least one"

    "I did?"

    "Your brain must me fuzzy from all the schoolwork", he chuckled.

    "Yeah..."

    I do not remember my owl saying anything about me being busy.

    "I just want to apologize to you. Last time I saw you, I told you that I love you and I shouldn't have. It was too soon and I said it during the worst time"