caught

"Draco wore Theo's sweatpants? How weird was that?", Stass asked, sitting across from me at the foot of my bed.

    "Really fucking weird. It's already bad enough that everything Draco does remind me of Theo but seeing him in his clothes, it was just weird", I said playing with my duvet. "I think of Theo whenever Draco does something remotely similar to him"

    "Maybe you need closure"

    "Closure? I think I already had closure. It involved oatmeal, remember?"

    "Well, talk to Theo again. You guys still flinch whenever you talk to each other for too long. You just need to get the awkwardness out of the way and establish your friendship"

    "There's no awkwardness"

    "Let me ask you this, when was the last time you had a one on one conversation with Theo as friends?"

    "Um...three months ago"

    "You and Theo aren't even friends. You guys hang around the same group and occasionally have small talk. The only reason why he's still lingering in the back of your mind is because you still see Theo as your ex boyfriend, not as a friend"

    Stass is right, the only reason why I'm still being reminded of what I had with Theo is because in my mind, he's my ex boyfriend and not my friend. Obviously, hanging around an ex all the time is going to create tension and unwanted thoughts. Maybe it's time for Theo and I talk again and figure everything out. Last time we talked, the Saints and Sinners party and Theo finding out about me hooking up with Draco happened and it was way too soon for us to be talking. Now that we've had our time apart and moved on to other people, I think it's time for us to have that talk again. I want to be able to wear Draco's jumpers and call him "baby" without being reminded of my past relationship with Theo.

    The first thing I did when I got out of bed was pack all of Theo's leftover belongings into a box so I can get rid of them forever. When we broke up a few months ago, Stass and I burned our pictures in the fireplace in the common room and one of his hoodies. Other than that, I still have a lot of his things in my dorm room, like the heart locket he got me and his quidditch hoodies. Once my room is cleansed of Theo's lingering spirit, I can finally move on with Draco and not have the memory of him playing in the back of my head.

    Once my box was filled to the top with all of Theo's things, Stass followed me out our dorm room and over to the boys'. Stass knocked on the door three times before opening it and entering the room. All four of the boys were up and getting ready for their quidditch workout this morning. Draco was standing by his dresser, shirtless with a pair of his dark green sweatpants on and his workout trainers.

    "Good morning", I said walking over to Draco and kissing the top his shoulder from behind. He turned around and cupped my cheeks in his hand, giving me a sweet kiss on the lips.

    "What do you have there?", Draco asked pointing at the box in my hands.

    "Oh... um... It's a box of things that Theo left over in my dorm room. I forgot to give them back"   

    "I was wondering why the tags on the sweats I wore last night had 'Nott' on them", he jested. "Weird that you keep your ex boyfriend's things"

    My cheeks started to get hot and I can feel the back of neck starting to tingle. I bit down on my bottom lip and stared at the ground. Damn, I was hoping he wouldn't notice.

    "It's alright, Stell", Draco said kissing the top of my head. "I'm just messing with you"

    "I'm gonna go give this back to him now", I said slowly turning around and walking over to Theo.