Chapter 5: Baka

"BAKA!" Hayami hit Kato's head making him fall.

"You never said we couldn't eat the lunches" Himawari said.

"How did you kids even get past me to eat the lunches?"

"While Himawari kept watch with her Byakugan  I distracted you and Kato grabbed the lunches."

Hmm, the purpose was for them to take the bells but instead they worked together to get the lunches first. They preferred to eat first to have energy and then worry about getting the bells. Basically same method for a different problem.

"You pass"

"What?!" The three of them exclaimed in shock.

"We didn't get the bells" Kato stated confused.

"The test wasn't to see if you could beat a shinobi twice your age but to see if you could work together as a team. Being a shinobi is not about being the strongest but about staying by your teammates. Never leaving any ninja behind. That's the true meaning of a shinobi."

"We were just hungry" Kenzo muttered.

Hayami glared at the mini Sasuke. Once Kenzo felt her glare he swallowed.

Hayami-Sensei is scary, Kenzo thought.

"You kids are free to go"

"Good bye Hayami-sensei" the three of them bowed.

The first lesson she had taught them before beginning the test was how to greet properly.

Hayami arrived to see her students already waiting for her. They were all on time making her feel happy that they were punctual.

She frowned as none of them greeted her. Kenzo leaned against the wooden pole. Kato was sitting on the floor staring off into space. While Himawari just stood there.

"Good morning" Hayami decided to greet first.

Her eyes narrowed at their replies.

"Hn"

"Hey"

"Good morning"

Hayami did quick hand signs and soon air blew across them shocking them. This forced them to stand up straight.

"What was that for?" Kato asked.

"All of you straight horizontal line now"

They obeyed and quickly got into the position.

"Now, how do you greet properly?"

"Good morning, Hayami Sensei." The three repeated at the same time and bowed.

"Now remember this, if you are to be my students you must always greet everyone like this. It's the polite thing to do."

A smile appeared on Hayami's face as she saw the kids walk away. She would make sure to raise them to their full potential.

Kato raced home excited to tell his parents about how they had passed the exam. Kenzo stayed behind walking at his own pace. Himawari walked a few steps in front of him. She then made a turn towards where she lived with Sai and Ino. She noticed Kenzo took the same turn.

"Are you not going home?" Himawari asked.

"Hn"

Himawari tilted her head at his odd reply. She knew he didn't talk much or liked loud people. But that's all she knew about him from the academy.

"I'm walking you home" Kenzo said a light blush covering his cheeks.

Himawari nodded and gave him a smile. Kenzo continued to walk a few steps behind Himawari.

Itachi smirked at the sight before his eyes. He was sitting at the top of a tree when he had spot Himawari. He was about to go talk to her when he saw his nephew behind her. He had decided to stay and watch and was not disappointed at what he saw.

So mini Sasuke has a crush on Himawari.

Himawari bowed to Kenzo and thanked him.

Kenzo gave his signature reply and watched her go in. He turned and begun his way back home.

Itachi landed in front of him. "Why aren't you home?"

"Hn" Kenzo replied.

"Baka" Itachi brough his index and middle finger up to his forehead giving Kenzo a tap that made him take a step back and hold his forehead.

"What was that for?!" But by the time Kenzo looked up Itachi was no longer there.