Chapter 22: Sand Village

Konohamaru let out a deep sigh along with Kankuro. They both looked at each other.

"How did they manage to deal with this?" Kankuro asked.

Konohamaru shook his head, "I have no idea."

Konohamaru had agreed to travel to the sand village to work on some issues that had arisen between their villages. The issues were not between them but between the villagers. They had decided on holding a weekend of individual meetings with the villagers and both Hokage and Kazekage to solve the problems.

They quickly read over the file of the next conflict. "You have got to be kidding" Kankuro mumbled.

Konohamaru nodded silently agreeing. The next conflict was between a leaf villager and a sand villager that were in a relationship.

"Bring them in" Kankuro ordered.

After an hour of bickering between the couple, the Kazekage and Hokage had given up.

"I know just the person we need. Get Shikamaru and Temari."

The sand ninja nodded and took off. A few minutes later Shikamaru and Temari entered.

"Good, you two are here. We need your help." Kankuro stated.

"With what?" Temari asked.

"I need you two to help these young couple solve their issues. Since both of you were in their situation before."

"No, I came here to take a break not work." Shikamaru said.

Kankuro glared at his brother-in-law then a smirk made its way onto his face.

"I will dissolve your marriage with my sister if you don't help"

Shikamaru gave Temari a quick glance as if weighing his options. He finally settled his gaze back at the Kazekage and shrugged, "whatever."

An irritated look crossed Temari's face as she put her hand behind her back to grip her fan. Kankuro watched her actions and gulped, "never mind it'll be more of a present than a punishment"

As Kankuro said those words Temari brought her fan out and fanned both of them out of the Kazekage office. Both Shikamaru and Kankuro landed on the sand.

Kankuro glanced sideways at Shikamaru, "yeah, definitely keep her."

***************
Kankuro and Konohamaru were finally able to get through most of the paperwork needed and conflicts. Now they were discussing the medical ninja training.

"What if we take turns. Sakura can come and assist your head medical ninja train the new medic ninjas in the sand village one week. Then next week we will flip and your medical ninja will go to Konoha and help Sakura train the ninjas."

Kankuro agreed and they settled that issue. There was only one issue left.

"Did Hayami come?" Kankuro asked.

"She should be arriving this night."

"I hope it's not too hard on her" Kankuro said as he gazed out the window in the direction of Gaara's old house.

Konohamaru looked down sadly. They had been pushing back having her come back to the Sand Village. But it was now time to have her come and finish. She needed to close that chapter of her life.