Chapter 35: Goodbyes

"Tomorrow we will leave" Hayami informed Himawari.

Himawari nodded and walked to her house. Once she entered Ino came into view. She was sitting in the couch nodding off into sleep.

"Aunt Ino" Himawari softly shook her awake.

"Himawari" she smiled, "you're back."

Himawari smiled, "you didn't have to wait for me."

"I wanted to make sure you got home safe. Let's go to bed it's late."

Himawari prepared to go to bed she saw Ino about to go into her room.

"Aunt Ino" she said.

"Yes?"

"Can you tuck me in tonight?" Himawari blushed as she asked her.

Ino beamed and nodded. Himawari got into bed and let Ino talk her in. Ino ran a hand through Himawari's hair pushing it away from her face.

"Aunt Ino, thank you for everything." Himawari look hesitant to say the next words, "You and Sai have been like parents to us. You have become a mother to me."

Ino felt her heart warm up with her words. She did her best to hold her tears back.

"You're like a daughter to me. I love both you and Boruto."

"I love you too aunt Ino." Ino kissed the top of her head and walked to the door. "Tomorrow I will be going on a mission early in the morning."

Ino turned and smiled, "then go ahead and rest."

"I'm letting you know in case you don't see me."

"Thank you, goodnight Himawari."

"Goodngiht, aunt Ino."

Hayami walked through the dark village. She stopped outside his apartment. She gave a soft knock hoping he wouldn't answer but he did.

"Hayami?" He asked sleepily.

"Uchiha"

"Come in" he said but she shook her head.

"I just came to say goodbye. I'll be going on a mission tomorrow and I don't know how long it will take."

"So you came to say good bye?"

"Yeah, I mean it's the first mission that will take longer and this time I won't have my stalker with me."

Itachi laughed at the nickname he hadn't managed to get rid of. He brought his fingers up and tapped her forehead. "I'll be here for when you come back well unless I'm sent on a mission."

Hayami stepped forward and placed her lips against his. Shocked Itachi slowly softened into her closing his eyes.

She pulled away and smiled at him, "when I come back I'll be ready to start a new."

Itachi smiled knowing what she meant, "as I said I'll be here."

"Goodnight, Itachi-kun."