Chapter 30: Festivel

Two weeks had gone by since the prisoners were captured and put back in prison. Now Konoha was preparing for a festival. The girls had convinced Konohamaru that the village needed a festival. It had been years since they had one and it would be a good way to ease the tension.

Sasuke approached Kenzo who sat in his bedroom. "What is it?" Kenzo asked not bothering to look at his dad.

"Can I sit?"

"Hn" Sasuke took it as a yes and sat besides his son.

"I've been meaning to talk to you about your sharingan. As you can already tell it's taking a strain on your body."

Kenzo finally met his dads gaze. Kenzo's eyes were lightly hazed. It pained Sasuke to see his son like this. He could tell how his son was trying to keep himself strong.

"The mangekyo sharingan takes a lot from our body. The more you continue to use it the more your body and eyesight will wear out. If you want to live a long healthy life I recommend you don't use it."

Kenzo nodded, "I'll restrain myself from using it. I'll use it the least possible."

There was a momentary silence, "if you need someone to talk to, I'm here."

Sasuke stood up and was almost out the door when he heard his son, "thank you, papa."

A small smile was evident on his face as he closed the door to his sons room. Kenzo sat in the bed as he let a few tears slip.

Meanwhile Hayami was glaring at Sakura, Temari, Ino, and Tenten. "You did what?!"

"Come on! It'll be fun!" Ino said.

"I don't know how parading around in a dress with heels seems fun"

"Ino and I both signed up too. It'll be fun for the three of us to participate. And besides someone needs to beat that stuck up girl."

"You could have asked me first, I would've considered it."

"Would you have said yes though?" Temari asked.

"I said consider it not say yes."

"See, this will be fun. Come on." Sakura said.

Hayami sighed giving in, "fine, I'll participate in the King and Queen contest."

"Yay" the girls squealed excited. "Let's get ready!"

In another part of the village Itachi tried his best not to become the last pure blooded Uchiha as he glared as his younger brother.

"I'm not doing it."

"Hn, you will when I tell you who else is participating."

"Nobody can make me participate."

"Not even Hayami?" Sasuke asked.

Itachi's head snapped towards Sasuke, "she's participating?"

Sasuke nodded smirking at his brother.

"Fine, but just because I have to keep an eye on her."

Itachi walked off in the direction of his apartment when he heard Sasuke yell, "keep telling yourself that. We both know that's not why."

Itachi tried to ignore the words his brother said. He knew it too but didn't want to admit it to himself. Ever since that mission they had together he had not been able to get Hayami out of his head. Ever since that night she had some control over him.

"Itachi!" Hayami yelled as Itachi had his hands around her throat.

Itachi opened his eyes and released his hold on her. "I'm sorry" he mumbled falling onto the floor.