Chapter 24: A Death

Konohamaru waited patiently for the ninjas to all gather in his office.

Shikamaru and Temari arrived first. Sasuke, Sakura, Kenzo, and Himawari arrived shortly after. Finally they were waiting for the last person.

Kakashi arrived later making an excuse as always.

"Sasuke, Shikamaru, and Temari. You three will be going to look for the man that caused the death of Shizune."

Kenzo stepped forward gaining the attention of all of them. "I believe Himawari and I should go. We are the only ones who know how he looks and who could identify him."

The shinobi tensed. They knew how much this had affected the young ninjas and they were against them going after him.

But Konohamaru seemed to be taking Kenzo's words into consideration.

"You're not really considering it?" Sakura asked.

"Kenzo makes a good point. None of you have seen him before. Kenzo and Himawari have."

"If you plan on sending them then I demand I be allowed to go" Sakura stated.

Konohamaru leaned back on the chair rethinking his choice, "fine. Temari, Himawari, Kenzo, and Sakura will go and look for clues on him."

Sasuke stiffened but decided against saying anything.

The next morning they departed early. They headed towards where they had first encountered the man.

After a day of travel they managed to arrive. It was a long shot but Himawari and Kenzo had a hunch.

"His chakra is unlike any other. He is unstable. It's as if one moment he is trying to be polite but then loses control and becomes a psycho." Kenzo explained.

Himawari looked around with her Byakugan activated. She walked around the perimeter they had set up and looked for any sign of his chakra.

"We should set camp for now and look for more clues tomorrow" Temari said.

The next morning Himawari awoke as she felt that chakra. Her shuffling woke the others and they hurriedly followed  her.

She saw as the chakra slowly approached them. His pace was slow as if he was on a casual stroll.

"He is here" she said to them. Temari grabbed her fan and got into a fighting stance.

It felt like forever till the man finally came into view. A smile appeared on his face as his eyes landed on the young ninjas.

"Himawari Uzumaki and Kenzo Uchiha. Nice to see you again."

"Who are you?" Sakura asked.

"My name is something you will soon know but right now is not the time, Sakura."

"You killed a leaf ninja" Temari stated as she prepared her fan.

"Forgive me, it was not my intention. She attacked me and suffered the consequences of infuriating me. I was simply opening the eyes of these young children and she got rather violent just as you are doing right now." His eyes turned a darker shade.