Chapter 17: Return

"How did you do it?" Itachi asked curiously.

"Do what?" Hayami leaned her head towards one side a habit she had whenever she asked a question, Itachi had noticed.

"Hide from me those two years."

An amused look flashed in her eyes. Of course the Uchiha would be curious to how soemone could hide from someone of his talent.

"It's because of my chakra. You track people down by following their chakra. I can change my chakra by using someone else's chakras. For example if I take some of your chakra it will combine with mine and my usual chakra would be hard for you to detect."

"Why did you let me find you?"

"I believed it was time to come back" Hayami's voiced was laced with honesty.

She did have a purpose for coming back but at the same time she missed the village. She missed her friends and the little kids that were now Chunin and on their way to being amazing shinobis.

Itachi and Hayami finally arrived at the entrance of the village. After a few months they had gathered as much information as they could find.

Hayami had been successful at gathering the information she was also looking for.

"Are you still going to keep being a stalker, Uchiha?"

Itachi wanted to smile but his expression remained blank, "I know you were doing something else while in the mist village. I might not know what but I know there is something else you're hiding."

Hayami knew this. She knew that the Uchiha did not trust her and he was right not to. Itachi knew she wouldn't do anything against the leaf village but the reason behind his constant following was because he was trying to save her from herself.

"We should inform the Hokage of our findings" Hayami changed the subject.

They both appeared in the Hokages office. Konohamuru looked a mess.

"Are you okay?" Concern was laced in her voice as she asked.

Konohamru smiled through his tired eyes, "There has been a lot of problems with the neighboring villages. Please give me some good news."

Itachi and Hayami gave each other a quick glance. That was all Konohamuru needed to know he would receive some stressful news.

"The Mist village seems to be planning something. From what we were able to gather they want the Uzumaki kids. The Chunin Exams were to see the potential they had. The kids Hayami's team battle were actually Jonin pretending to be Genin."

"What do you plan on doing?" Hayami asked as Itachi finished explaining.

Konohamuru sighed, "I can't do anything. The nations are in tension ever since Naruto died. Our allies have diminished and if we were to confront the mist village they would only deny."

"What about the Uzumaki kids? They are after them for who knows what." Itachi said before Hayami could say anything else.

"They should continue to train and go on missions. Sasuke is almost always with Boruto and Hayami is Himawari's Sensei they should be safe."

Hayami stayed quiet as she felt rage build up inside her. She couldn't argue if she did they would only grow more suspicious of her. Instead she gave a stiff nod.

"They should be safe for now. They are strong and the Mist still needs to finish planning. We should be okay for a few more years." Itachi said while looking at Konohamuru but everyone in the room knew those words were directed towards Hayami.

She brought her gaze up to meet Itachis eyes. Feeling a sense of reassurance she found herself smiling at the Uchiha.