Chapter 50: If

I'm sorry it took longer than expected. But here it is
~~~~~~~~~~
She knew, she knew it was all an illusion and yet she couldn't bring herself to fight it at all. She ran towards him hugging him tightly.

"Dad!" Naruto stumbled back chuckling and hugging his daughter. He didn't question the reason behind her hug. Himawari had always been the type to jump on him and shower with him with affection.

"I have to finish sorting out some business, but I'll be home for dinner. Let your mom know please."

Himawari nodded rapidly and rushed off in the direction of her old house. She threw herself once again but this time in the arms of her mom. Hinata giggled hugging her daughter.

"You've grown so much Himawari and you're still the same bright child"

Himawari smiled and hugged her mom once again. "Dad said he would be home for dinner."

Hinata smiled, "I'll make his favorite plate then."

Himawari nodded, "where is onichan?"

Hinata smirked, "he is out training with Kenzo and Sarada. Why don't you go and invite them for dinner?"

"Okay, I'll be back."

Himawari walked in the direction where they were training. She arrived and saw as Sarada and Boruto battled. Kenzo was sitting underneath the shade of a tree. Himawari sat besides him. "Kenzo-Kun" she greeted sweetly.

"Hima" he smiled. "I'm glad you're here."

Himawari felt that familiar feeling stir within her. She knew it was him from the real world talking to her and not an illusion like the others. The feeling she felt was the same feeling she felt whenever she thought of him as she left the village. But instead of being able to snap herself out of it and return to the real world she decided to ignore it for a bit more.

"Do you want to come over for dinner?" Himawari asked.

"Of course"

Himawari smiled, "good."

"Besides I have to talk to your dad"

Himawari faced him curiously, "about what?"

"What do you mean?" Kenzo placed his hand on her head, "about us, of course."

Kenzo stood up grabbing his bag. Himawari stood up grabbing his arm. "What about us?"

Kenzo took Himawari's hand that had been holding onto his arm. He played with her fingers as he looked at her, "do I need to say it out loud?"

"Please do, so I can be sure."

His features soften as he took in her expression, "I can never hide anything from you. Himawari, you know I love you and both of us are grown up now. I want to ask your dad for his permission to court you."

A knot build up in Himawari's throat as she looked at his loving and longing expression. She knew this was the true Kenzo talking. So no matter how much she wanted to say the words back and shout in happiness she was still able to maintain some control.

"What if he doesn't allow it?"

Kenzo smirked, "I will have nothing left to do besides doing my best to convince him after all isn't his motto to never give up and not go back on his word. My word is that I will never give up on you and that my love for you will never fade."

Kenzo kissed the top of Himawari's hand before turning away. He stopped briefly, "I'll see you at dinner tonight."