Chapter 38: First Contact

"Who do we have here?" Hayami asked as she saw two masked man run through the forest.

"They come from the direction of the leaf village" Himawari noted.

Hayami tensed as she saw they carried a baby in their arms, "they took a baby."

Himawari used her byakugan and she saw that they were in fact carrying a baby. Himawari and Hayami followed them quietly. They saw them enter a cavern.

"Himawari" Hayami stopped her as she was about to enter the cavern.

"We don't have time. The leaf ninjas will most likely be after them too. I'll rescue that baby and destroy them before the leaf ninjas arrive."

Hayami sighed and followed her ex student in. Himawari brought her ninjato out slicing the necks of her opponents. Hayami used her bracelet to stab those that attacked her.

They were able to enter a room. They saw the baby in a plastic crib. Another girl was laying on a steel table besides the baby connected to strange machines.

Himawari gasped as she saw the baby. He had Hyuga eyes. As she analyzed his features more she had a feeling she knew who the baby belonged to. She took him in her arms. "Hello, I'm your cousin." She cooed softly amazed by being able to meet him. She had heard from the villages she had been too that the Hokage's wife had given birth to their second child.

Hayami meanwhile disconnected the tubes setting the purple haired girl free. The girl awoke immediately.

"You're free to go" Hayami told the girl. She then walked to Himawari, "let's go."

Himawari nodded. She placed the baby in a basket and carefully took the basket in her arms. They both were ready to leave when the girl stopped them.

"Wait! Take me with you" she stood weekly her legs shaking as she did her best to hold herself up.

"Why should we?" Himawari asked.

"Because I'll be useful."

"How can we be sure you of that?"

"Because if not I wouldn't be here" she said.

Himawari had to agree. These people only targeted people with unique abilities or with some sort of powerful bloodline trait.

Himawari motioned for Hayami to help her. Hayami quickly used her bracelet to give her chakra. The girl felt her chakra levels rise and immediately the glow returned to her face.

 The girl felt her chakra levels rise and immediately the glow returned to her face