Chapter 7: A New Home

"Lock on" Himawari said as she activated her byakugan.

"Byakugan" Neji said and activated his.

With that they begun their match. Neji blocked all her hits but as he went to make his hit she had gone out of his sight.

He quickly turned and blocked her kick. Himawari smirked as she got an opening and managed to get a hit in.

"Good, you were very close to my chakra point." Neji complimented.

She was too close to my chakra point. Not just any chakra point but the one that would block all my chakra flow on the right side of my body. It would take at least a day for me to regain motion on my right side if she had hit it.

The thing that worried Neji was something else.

She was clearly holding back. If she hadn't held back would I even be standing?

"I heard Hayami is your sensei"

"Yes" Himawari affirmed.

"She will be an excellent sensei for you. You know she poses both the byakugan and sharingan?"

"I heard but we have not seen them yet. Is she a really skilled fighter?" Himawari asked her eyes sparkling with curiousness.

"You're really are a curious thing arent you" Neji grabbed her nose lightly with his nuckles and she shook her head giggling at her uncle. He always did that to her ever since she was a baby.

"When is Natsuki coming home?" Himawari asked.

"I'm not sure, she is out on a mission."

"Himawari! I'm so happy to see you" Ten Ten ran up to Himawari hugging her tightly. "Anata" she greeted Neji as he placed a quick kiss on her head.

"I better go back to Ino and Sai." Himawari grabbed her yellow sweater and waved goodby to her aunt and uncle.

"I'm home" Himawari took her shoes off and was greeted by the smell of food.

"Welcome home" Ino greeted with a bright smile. She saw Boruto, Inojin, and Sai already at the table.

Ino placed the plates at the center of the table and they all gave thanks and begun to eat.

This was the usual routine. They all ate together, talked, then they would help Ino clean up. After they would either play a game or go to bed depending on how late it was at night.

Ino went imside Himawari's room and tucked her in. "Thank you" Himawari smiled at Ino and Ino smiled back thinking back to the first day they arrived at her house.

"Sai and I prepared your rooms. Boruto and Inojin will share a room and Himawari will have her own room right besides Boruto'sand Inojin's"

Inojin grabbed Bruto and Himawari pulling them to show them around the house.

Ino sighed, not because she didn't want them here or because she saw them as a load. No, it was because she could see how much they missed their parents.

Said rubbed Ino's back knowing how sad she was. "We'll do a good job." Sai reassured her.

Ino nodded, "we have to. I know if it would've been the other way around, Naruto and Hinata would've been there for Inojin."

Ino prepared dinner that night and Himawari tried her best to eat and to make sure Boruto ate. The kids helped her clean up although she insisted they didn't but they insisted saying it reminded them of being with their mom. Since then, It became a routine.

The kids washed up before they went to bed. Ino was turning off the lights in the hallway when she heard Himawari's voice, "Aunt Ino"

Ino opened the door to her room and went in,
"Yes?" She asked the little blue eyed girl.

"Can you tuck me in please?" A light blush covered her cheeks.

Ino felt a tug at her heart, "of course."

Himawari crawled into bed and laid down. Ino pulled the covers over her and tucked her in lightly. She saw Himawari's eyes fill with tears. Ino ran her hand through Himawari's hair and down to her face. She wiped the tear that had slipped from Himawari's eye.

Himawari surprised Ino as she jumped into her arms and cried. Ino couldn't help but cry with her. She hugged the little girl tighter as she felt her shake.

That night Ino had stayed with her until Baruto came inside the room to check on his sister.

"I'll stay with her" he said

After that night Ino always tucked Himawari into bed without her asking.