Chapter 28: Medic Ninjas

"Sakura" Sasuke looked at his wife trying to muster up the courage to say the words. But Sasuke was never one for words and wasn't good at expressing his feelings either. Seeing her lifeless had opened his eyes to his feelings towards her but now he struggled to get them into words.

"Yes, Sasuke-kun." Sakura smiled like always. This irritated him even more.

How can she look so happy when our marriage is about to end?

"I love you" Sakura stopped what she had been doing and stared at him. She blinked a couple of times before laughing.

"Stop joking, Sasuke-Kun."

"I'm not joking. I love you Sakura. I love you not as a comrade but as my wife and the mother of my children."

Sakuras eyes softened, "that's the things Sasuke. You don't love me for me. And that's okay because my love for you has faded over the years."

Those words hurt more than when Naruto blasted his arm off.

Before Sasuke could say anything else Sakura put her things away, "we have to go greet the medical ninjas from the sand village. We don't want to be late."

A tall man with short light brown hair came into view. As he got closer his features became more noticeable. He had big hazel round eyes. He had a smooth jawline with a high bridge nose. He was overall handsome.

Besides him a women was walking. The women had dark long black hair. Her eyes were the same color as his just smaller. She had a small mouth and the same nose as the man.

The ninjas said their greetings.

"I'm Chikao Amano and this is Chiaki Amano, my sister." The man said his eyes stopping at Sakura, "and who might you be?"

Sakura smiled, "I'm Sakura U-Haruno." She extended her hand to shake his. Chikao took her hand in his and brought it up to his lips. He laid a soft kiss on her hand making Sakura blush.

"What a beautiful name for a beautiful lady."

Sasuke cleared his throat making Chikao turn his attention to him. "Ah, Sasuke Uchiha. I have heard a lot about you."

"Hn"

Clearly not enough since you haven't heard she is my wife, you moron.

"It's nice to meet you all" Chiaki said not taking her eyes of Sasuke.

Sakura noticed and felt an emotion briefly pass through her heart before she pushed it away.

He isn't mine anymore. He never was to begin with.

"Should we go over the plans for the weekend?" Chikao asked.

Sakura nodded, "we can have discuss over dinner."

Chikao raised an eyebrow amused. Sakura blushed as she realized it sounded as if she was inviting him on a date.

"I didn't mean it like that. I meant that you must be hungry from your trip so I thought you would like to eat something before-"