Chapter 46: Hayami

"They have interfered with the missions of the Leaf Village. Their actions are affecting us largely."

Konohamaru listened to the elders. They had gathered because the elders wanted to make Konohamaru see their point.

Silently Itachi, Sasuke, and Shikamaru watched the meeting hold place.

The leader of the elders stepped forward, "The elders demand Himawari Uzumaki's, and Hayami's head. They are to be brought dead to the village."

Konohamaru stood, "I am the Hokage and I say no."

"This isn't hokage busines anymore it's the elders and we have made our decision."

Suddenly the shinobi present stepped towards the elders. Sasuke took his sword out pointing it towards the elders neck. "Don't force me to slice your neck."

"If it comes down to it I will chose their lives over yours." Sasuke spat out.

The elders all held horror in their eyes, "you would dare do that? After the elders forgave you!"

Itachi watched the scene unfold. He understood why the elders wanted Himawari and Hayami dead. They were causing great losses to the village.

Hayami, Itachi's thoughts drifted to the blue haired girl.

"You're quite admirable, Uchiha."

Itachi eyed Hayami briefly, "what do you mean?"

Hayami smiled, "you're an admirable man."

A bitter laugh left his lips, "I doubt killing my whole clan is something admirable."

Her smile never faltered, "it is. Not many would do what you did. You put your feelings aside for the village. To protect the village. I can't even imagine the pain it must've caused you and the pain you still feel."

Her face turned to look at his. Her eyes were glossy with tears and she smiled at him, "you're a selfless man and that makes you an admirable one."

Itachi brought his hand up whipping a tear that had spilled from her eye. "I'm not. I'm the worst man alive."

Hayami stopped his hand from leaving her cheek by putting hers ontop of his, "you're not. If anything you're a hero. Many people might not know that but you should know in your heart that you are."

Itachi looked away from Hayami. His throat felt as if it burned and he was unable to swallow as a large lump was felt.

Hayami realized Itachi was silently crying. She moved her head to the side softly letting her lips graze the inside of his palm. "It is time for you to be selfish. It's okay to be selfish. You owe it to yourself. You've done more than enough for the village it is your time to be happy and safe."

Itachi stated at the blue haired girl. At that moment he couldn't possibly imagine her ever leaving.

"He wouldn't because I would do it first" Itachi stated.

Sasuke controlled his stunned expression at his brothers words. He believed Itachi would be against him.

Itachi sat down on one of the couches, "You gladly used her as your killing weapon ever since she was a child but now that she is doing exactly what you trained her to do you decide to get rid of her since it is no longer of your benefit."

Sasuke kept his sword firmly pressed against the elders neck, "what are you saying Itachi?"

"Hayami was never in a team. She never had teammates. When the elders discovered her abilities they made a deal with her mother. She would come to live in Konoha and Hayami would receive special training in exchange of keeping her identity a secret. Ever since she was 5 she begun extensive training besides being in the academy. When it was time to form teams she wasn't allowed to be in one. Her missions weren't like the others. Her first mission was to kill. At the age of 7 she was forced to kill. She was even sent to kill you but she returned saying she wasn't able too and was tortured by them as a form of punishment for not succeeding. Hayami was raised as their pet."

"How do you know all this?" The elder asked.

"I kept a close eye on Konoha." Itachi never bothered looking at the elders as he said everything he knew about Hayami. He had made sure to investigate about her past the moment he was assigned to watch over her.

Itachi finally looked up, his mangekyo sharingan activated, "you dare lay a finger on her and Sasuke will be the least of your worries."

"