Chapter 21: A Greater Distance

Boruto ran to the hospital where his sister was.

"Hima!" He yelled as he found her. She quickly glanced at him before looking back at Sakura.

Sakura gave her a small smile, "she is fine her chakra is just low. She just needs to rest."

"Thank you" Ino said.

Sakura followed Ino out and they left the Uzumaki kids by themselves. Boruto approached his sister stopping at the edge of her bed.

"Are you-"

"Did you know?" Himawari asked cutting him off.

"Know what?" Boruto asked as he saw his sister grip her blanket.

"What dad went through when he was young"

Boruto froze, how did she know?

"Hima-"

"So you did know" she stated.

"I only found out a few years ago" Boruto tried to explain.

"Please leave, I want to be by myself." Himawari mumbled as she laid herself down and turned her back to Boruto.

Boruto was unsure if to leave but finally decided to respect his sister's wish.

Sakura went home with Kenzo. She saw as her son looked so much like his father. She could tell he hid all his feelings inside.

They entered the house. Sasuke, Kato and Sarada were all waiting for Kenzo.

Sarada rushed to give him a hug. Kenzo hugged her back briefly before she let go. Kato smiled at his brother and hugged him too.

Sakura went to stand besides Sasuke as they watched their children stop hugging. She studied Sasuke as his expression seemed stiffer than usual.

Ino had told her about what happened upon the arrival of Kenzo. She wondered if Sasuke was mad which knowing him he most likely was.

Sasuke struggled so much to get close to Kenzo. It was as if Kenzo had built a wall between them. Sakura couldn't blame him because Sasuke had been gone while he was a child. Only these past few years has Sasuke been around more often but Kenzo is too much like Sasuke. Them being so much alike causes conflicts and constant tension between the two.

"Kenzo" Sasuke voice was heard through the silent house.

Kenzo glared at his father. Sakura seemed shocked by Kenzo openly glaring at his father.

What exactly happened to them on that mission? She thought. Himawari was also acting strange.

"I told you not to talk to me" Kenzo said. Sasuke stepped forward a dark aura beginning to radiate off him.

"Don't forget I am your father. You will treat me as such."

Kenzo scoffed, "my father? You almost weren't my father."

Sasuke narrowed his eyes at his son. "I am your father, what are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about the fact that you wanted to kill mom!" Kenzo yelled.