Chapter 51: If Part 2

It was dinner time and Himawari greeted the guest excitedly. She smiled at Kenzo who seemed awfully nervous. Kenzo returned her smile before standing up as Naruto entered the room.

"You kids don't have to get up" Naruto said.

Hinata finsihed setting the dishes on the table and soon they all began to eat. Everyone enjoyed their food as they casually talked. Himawari looked around with a smile on her face. This is what could have been. Himawari's gaze landed on Kenzo who she had a feeling knew exactly what she was thinking.

Kenzo redirected his attention to Naruto, "Hokage, I have something to say."

Naruto who was drinking water choked slightly on it. Hinata rubbed his back and gave him a napkin to clean his mouth with. He smiled at her and thanked her before looking back at Kenzo.

"Why so serious? You usually call me uncle."

"I have a request to make" Kenzo states.

Boruto and Sarada stare at Kenzo anticipating his next words. While Hinata looks from Kenzo to Himawari.

"I would like to ask for permission to court Himawari"

Naruto drops his cup spilling it all over his pants, "ahh." He jumps up from the shock taking another napkin from Hinata's hand.

Naruto looks down to Kenzo as he wipes his pants. "You like Himawari?"

Kenzo nods and stands up. "I've liked her for a long time and I want to officially be with her."

Naruto sighs, "Himawari is the only daughter I have-"
"Hey! You have me too!" Boruto objects

Naruto glares at Boruto, "you're my son not my daughter."

Boruto becomes silent and nods in agreement. Naruto turns back to Kenzo. "Let's have a talk just you and I."

Kenzo agrees following Naruto outside.