Chapter 47: Tami Nara

Maemi and Deirdre arrived to the hide out silently. Aiko and Homura exchanged glances. It was never a good sign when those two arrived quietly. Usually they would be at each other's throat. Seeing how they are now means something is wrong.

"Deirdre, Maemi, what happened?" Himawari asked.

Deirdre threw a quick look at Maemi. Maemi met her gaze briefly before looking away. Hayami took a few steps stopping besides Himawari.

"Out with it, now" Himawari ordered in a serious tone.

"We were able to complete the task you wanted. We were also able to retrieve information from one of the workers there."

"The problem is the information you found" Hayami stated a sense of dread coming onto her.

Maemi nodded, "they are looking to go to Konoha and retrieve a ninja from there. The ninja they are looking to retrieve has the information they need to finish their plan and set it into motion."

Himawari kept a stoic face as she asked, "who is this ninja?"

"Tami Nara"

Hayami kept her gaze on Himawari trying to figure out her thoughts. Over the years Hayami found it harder to decipher Himawari. She had become an expert on controlling her face and emotions.

Himawari un crossed her arms from her chest, "that's not our problem. Konoha will protect her."

Maemi shook her head, "it's not that simple Himawari."

Deirdre decided to speak up, "what they have planned and what they have done is horrible."

Deirdre reached behind her pulling out a scroll, "read that, and you will see it is our problem too."

Himawari took the scroll. After a few minutes the scroll was slammed harshly onto the table.

Hayami took the scroll onto her hands and quickly scanned over it her eyes widening as she took in the information written on it.

The scroll was snatched from her hand by Himawari. Himawari approached Homura who stood up.

Himawari placed the scroll in his hand, "burn it."
She then turned to face the people who had read the scroll, "no one will repeat what is written on that scroll. If you do then you will have to answer to me. Do you understand?"

The three girls nodded looking at Himawari firmly.

"There is no doubt that we can not have them get to Tami."

Deirdre nodded, "there is only one way we can guarantee that."

Maemi gasped immediately turning to see if Himawari would react to what Deirdre had insinuated.

Everyone knew that no matter how much Himawari got away from Konoha. She still cared for those who lived there. All of those who stood by her father always had a soft spot in her almost stone cold heart.

All eyes in the room were on Himawari. They waited for her to say something but she showed no sign of anything.

Hayami feeling the responsibility as her former Sensei spoke up, "it's your call, Himawari. The choice is yours."

Himawari stepped forward walking past all of them. She walks in the direction of her room. She stopped before entering. Turning her head so they could only catch a glimpse of her side profile.

"Prepare to travel to Konoha. We leave at sunrise tomorrow."

Himawari opened her door but stopped as Hayami spoke.

"What will we do with Tami?"

"The ninja Tami Nara is to be killed on sight."