Chapter 31: Bitrthday

"Shut up!!" Sakura yelled to Kiba who was arguing with Sai. "Ino take your husband with you."

Ino glared at Sakura for ordering her around but pulled Sai along with her.

"I really hope the guys don't ruin this" Tenten said as she helped Sakura decorate.

"How hard could it be to find out what Himawari wants for her birthday? They are the best shinobi of the village. If they can pull off winning a war I'm sure they can pull off gathering information without getting noticed." Sakura said smiling.

"If you say so" Temari stated.

Sakura's smile faltered feeling uneasy, "maybe we should've just done it ourselves and had the guys decorate."

Ino raised an eyebrow as she heard Sakura. Then the girls all laughed shaking their heads.

Now that would be a disaster.

Meanwhile in the village, Sasuke, Neji, Boruto, Kakashi, and Iruka followed Himawari. Himawari was walking around peacefully looking around the different stores in the village.

The guys had the mission of finding out what she wanted for her birthday so they could get it as presents for her.

"You're being too loud" Boruto scowled Neji.

Neji gave him a smack on the head, "watch it. I'm your uncle."

Boruto made a fist and glared at Neji and Neji activated his Byakugan.

"Knock it off, both of you." Kakashi said.

"Why are you even here?" Boruto asked.

Kakashi flipped a page from his book, "I was sent to control the situation in case it got out of control."

"Listen here, Iruka sensei will go talk to her first causally making conversation trying to get her to spill what she wants. We will take turns all going to see if we get any information." Neji commanded.

Iruka walked towards Himawari as she stared at the flowers.

"Oh, Hello Iruka Sensei" Himawari bowed as she noticed him standing besides her.

Iruka smiled putting his hand in the back of his neck nervously, "I've told you already that there is no need to call me that."

Himawari smiled brightly, "all right, ojichan!"

Iruka stopped smiling stunned by the term she had addressed him as. For a moment he found himself back years ago to when Naruto had asked him to be his father for the wedding. Iruka felt his eyes begin to feel with tears.

"What's wrong?" Himawari asked.

Iruka smiled and waved it off, "nothing, Himawari."

"Then why have you all been following me?"

Iruka stopped smiling and gulped nervously. "You noticed?"

Himawari giggled, "at first I thought I was being paranoid but then I felt a rise in chakra from uncle Neji."

"Oh sorry about that."