Chapter 37: Present Time

"We are Komorebi"

The screams of the man are heard through out the whole village. His body slumps down as Himawari ends his life. She wipes her ninjato putting it back in it's place on her back.

"We need to get moving. We still have to visit the village next door." Himawari said to Hayami who grabbed the scroll and begun to set the house on fire.

"Let's go" both of them flickered out of there.

Back at the leaf Village in the Hokages office stood Kenzo. He was dressed in his black anbu uniform.

"Lord Eighth"

"I release you from the black anbu."

Kenzo's eyes widened, "why?"

"I want you to be a part of a team like before-"

"I'm sorry lord Eighth but my team will never be the same as it was before. Himawari left and Hayami Sensei did too. It will never be complete till they are both back. I need to be in the black anbu. I have found leads on where they could be."

Konohamaru shook his head, "we will bring them back but for now we have something to take care of."

Konohamaru handed him a file. Kenzo took it in his hand. He read over it quickly, "I've heard of them."

"They have interfered with the missions of our allies. I'm afraid soon they will interfere with ours. For now I want you to keep an eye out. Right now, I have another mission. Children from villages are starting to disappear. It seems that they are seeking children with unique abilities. I want you to choose two other ninjas to go with you on this mission. Look into the villages that have missing children."

"As you wish"

Kenzo walked through the streets of Konoha. He had changed into his regular ninja outfit. It had been a long time since he was in Konoha, almost 7 months.

Kenzo activated his sharingan and brought his ninjato out. He slammed it against a sword. He pushed against the sword and jumped back landing on the floor smoothly with his sword on his hand besides him ready to attack.

 He pushed against the sword and jumped back landing on the floor smoothly with his sword on his hand besides him ready to attack

He stood up straight as he saw Sasuke. He put his ninjato away.

"I could've killed you" he stated.

Sasuke smirked, "as if you could."

Kenzo narrowed his eyes at his father, "I'm not longer the boy you knew."

"I am aware of that. You have matured and your skill has improved."

"Of course it has, if I want to be able to bring Himawari back."

For a second Sasuke saw a flash of Naruto. It reminded him of how hard Naruto had trained to bring him back.

"We will."

"Kenzo!" Kato yelled. Kenzo turned to see his brother running towards him with Natsuki following behind.

(Natsuki in the picture)

Kato smiled brightly as he ran towards his brother. Natsuki followed behind with a pretty smile. She blushed lightly as Kato pulled her along.

"I'm glad you two are together" Kenzo stopped talking as he saw Natsuki blush even more. Her face almost turning completely red. Deciding to ignore it he continued on, "I want you two to go on a mission with me."

Kenzo explained the mission to them and Kato's smile faded as he took in the details.

(Kato in the picture)

Sasuke watched his sons. They really had grown. Kato still always cheerful. He continued his training as a medical ninja and was on his way to surpass Sakura. Kenzo was a different story. Ever since Himawari had left he became more serious and smiled less. He had thrown himself into the black anbu never taking a break for the last two years. He had only been in the village four times in the last two years.

Kenzo stopped by to visit his mother and sister briefly before preparing to head out on his mission. Before he left he stopped by the flower shop.

"Aunt Ino"

Ino stood from her chair and smiled at Kenzo, "you've gotten even more handsome."

Kenzo gave a soft nod, "how have you been?"

She smiled despite her eyes showing sadness, "I've been good. A bit lonely with Inojin going on missions but I manage." She lets out an airy laugh.

"I'll bring her back"

It was a silent promise that he had made. Ino knew how he felt about Himawari. She was sure he was in love with her. She would notice how after every mission he would walk her home. She saw as he silently took care of her. She saw as his crush turned into puppy love and then into full on love.

"I know you will"

Kenzo left on his mission with Natsuki and Kato.

At the Hokages office Konohamaru received news that unknown people had entered the village.

Before Konohamaru could even say anything Hanabi burst into the room.

"They took him!" Hanabi cried.

Konohamaru knew who she referred too but he still had to ask, "who?"

"Our son" she cried out throwing herself in his arms. Konohamaru yelled out orders as he tried to calm his wife.