Chapter 19: The Hidden Past Part 1

"Hayami-Sensei is back?" Himawari asked Shizune as they walked.

"Yes, she arrived yesterday." Shizune replied.

Kenzo simply listened quietly as the two girls talked. They had been sent on mission to gather some herbs needed for the hospitals in Konoha.

They had been traveling since the morning searching for the exotic herbs. Shizune had told them the herbs grew in a special area where the sun and moon would meet.

How they were suppose to figure that out Kenzo had no idea. He was just hoping to spend as much time as he could away from home. Sasuke was back from a mission and Kenzo found it awkward as he tried to spend time with him.

"We should set camp here. The sun is about to set." Shizune commanded.

"Hai" both Himawari and Kenzo answered.

They set camp easily and went to sleep peacefully. Kenzo woke up to blue eyes staring at him.

"You're awake" she smiled and moved to the side as Kenzo sat up.

"Did I oversleep?" He asked slightly embarrassed

"Only a little bit" Himawari giggled as a light blush covered his cheeks.

They ate a quick snack and continued their trip. They arrived at a beautiful view. "We're close" Shizune said and ran faster. They ran past the beautiful view and were faced with a horrible view. "We're here"

Kenzo and Himawari both looked at eachother.

The magical herbs are in a place like this? They both thought.

Shizune looked over her shoulder with a smile on her face, "sometimes the ugliest things hide the most beautiful things."

They followed behind Shizune as she fell into a hole on the dried ground. They landed on a ground covered with grass. The grass was not the usual color. It was a a mixture of blue and green. There was not much light the few light that managed to seep through was directed towards some plants.

"Here they are" Shizune begun collecting the plants. As she explained the special properties of each.

They finished rather quickly and made their way out of the hole. As Himawari dusted herself she looked up to a tall dark shadow. Shizune stopped walking and stared at the man in front of them.

The man seemed to be around his late forties. He had orange hair with white and grey streaks of hair fading into it. His hair wasn't the unique part but his eyes were. His pupil was dark blue while what should be the white of his eyes seemed to have ancient writing in black. His skin was insanely pale even more than that of a Hyuga. His face was handsome but scary at the same time. When he smirked his teeth became visible showing fangs like those of an animal.

"What do we have here? Leaf Ninjas" the voice of the man was deep but oddly soothing.

"Who are you?" Shizune asked as she stood in a fighting position.

The man laughed, "impatient aren't we? Soon you will know that. Soon everyone will know my name. But right now my goal is another."