Chapter 43: Interference

"Team ten is back together" Ino beamed. Shikamaru gave a small grin. He was glad she was happy. It had been a while since he saw her like this. When Sai died it took a few months to get her out of bed. Himawari played a big role on getting her back up. After Himawari left Ino became sad again.

Choji smiled as he saw Ino being cheery. They walked towards the Hokages office to receive their mission.

"I chose you all for this mission because I trust you to keep your emotions at bay." Konohamaru said.

Shikamaru stood still listening to the details of the mission.

"This village has requested our protection. It is a small village but they are in fear of being attacked. You must make sure it is protected."

"How long do we have to protect it?" Shikamaru asked.

"Until they make a trade. It appears they have a deal with someone and are trading information. The information they are to trade is very confidential to the village so we don't know what it is. Your duty is just to make sure the trade goes smoothly."

"Do we know who would possibly attack them?" Ino asked.

Konohamaru looked at them hesitantly, "we do. The ones who are likely to attack them is Komorebi."

"Who is Komorebi?" Choji asked. Shikamaru looked between Ino and Choji who both had no idea of what they knew.

Shikamaru found himself thinking back to that day a month ago.

"Let go back" Sasuke ordered.

Shikamaru gave him a confused look. They were barely on their way to the mission they had been assigned to.

"I can feel her chakra. Himawari is in the leaf village."

Shikamaru pulled himself out of his shocked state and raced back with Sasuke.

When they arrived they saw four Jonin on the floor heaving. Medic ninjas were around them healing them.

"What happened?" Shikamaru asked Kenzo who had just entered Konoha.

"Let's go somewhere else and I'll tell you."

The three ninjas went to a quiet place away from other people. "Himawari showed up."

Kenzo stopped momentarily, a sad look crossing his eyes. "She was visiting Lord Seventh's tombstone. I was patrolling when I saw her. Boruto must have sensed her because she showed up with mom and Sarada. Himawari didn't come alone. She came with another girl. Boruto was going to fight her to make her stay but the girl attacked him. They left and as the shinobi guarding tried to stop them the girl attacked them too."

Kenzo analyzed their expressions. Sasuke held a cold and emotionless expression but in his eyes he could see the pain. Shikamaru looked worried and shocked.

Kenzo decided to get it over with and tell them the most important part, "that she came and left doesn't really matter. What matters is what we discovered."

"What did you discover?" Sasuke asked after a long pause from Kenzo.

"She is with Komorebi."

Shikamaru and Sasuke could not believe their ears. Shikamaru unconsciously shook his head no.

"I'm afraid it is true. The girl she came with had the mark and she admitted being with them. More specifically she admitted to being their leader. Himawari formed Komorebi."

Shikamaru wasn't sure if Konohamaru planned on telling them who Komorebi was.

"Komorebi, is a group that has risen. They seem to interfere with others missions searching for information. We believe their plan is to exterminate the mist village."