Chapter 29: Last Mission

"This mission is different from the others" Hayami informed her students. "We must bring the rouge ninjas to prison. It's not simply about getting the scroll but also about making sure we capture them."

"Hai" the three Chunin ninjas nodded.

They had gone on countless missions now. Hayami was amazed by their growth. Kato had excelled in healing medicninjutsu. Kenzo has been practicing with Itachi and has gotten extremely better at genjutsu. Their only worry was how using the mangekyo sharingan would affect his eyesight. Himawari had continued to train with Neji whenever he was free.

"Where are the ninjas from?"

Hayami visibly tensed at Himawari's question, "the mist village"

Himawari clenched her fist at the mention of the mist village. Why was Konoha still tolerating them despite them causing so much trouble lately. As if killing her parents wasn't enough.

"Focus" Hayami snapped.

Himawari snapped out of her thoughts and jumped in time to doge the tree branch.

Kato steadied her as she bumped into him while avoiding the branch. "Thank you"

Kato smiled at her and continued to look forward. The team worked hard to finish the mission. As they turned the rouge ninjas in Himawari realized how far they had come. It had almost been three years since they had become a team.

She had grown even more close to Kato and Kenzo. The thought of her having to leave them brought pain to her but she shook it off. She could still enjoy the company of her loved ones before that was to happen.

They returned to the village after four days. It took them four days to arrive at where the ninjas were and to capture them and return back.

Kenzo walked Himawari to her house before returning to his. As he passed by the various food places he stopped when he saw his mom and dad.

He stepped inside the shop. His mom was sitting in front of his dad while they talked and ate. Sakura had a smile and a light blush on her cheeks. Her eyes landed on Kenzo and she ran up hugging him.

"You're back!"

Kenzo hugged his mom. He missed her. Sakura always would have a special place in his heart. He loved her so much which is why seeing his dad leave her alone for so many years made him despise him. Although now things between them had eased.

"Come eat with us." Sakura dragged him towards their table and sat him besides Sasuke. She wanted to see the face of her son. She quickly ordered him his favorite food.

"You're back from your mission." Sasuke stated.

"Hn" Sasuke grew irritated with his son's reply. Cant he answer me properly? I thought things were better between us.

Sakura had a wide smile on her face, "you two are so much alike."

Kenzo's eyes grew large at her words. He unconsciously looked at his dad taking in his features. Half of his dads face was covered with his hair giving him an emo look.

Kenzo then scoffed and shook his head, "I'm better looking."

"That's because you look like me" Sasuke argued.

Kenzo shook his head once again, "you're not good looking."

"Yes, I am. I was very popular back in my day."

Kenzo gave his dad an unsure look, "if you are as good looking as you say then why do you cover half your face."

Sakura out her hand over her mouth as a giggle escaped. Sasuke gaze softened as he heard her giggle but turned back to glare at his son.